Recent content by Nini

  1. Nini

    THR Pain when I sit for a longer time..

    @Jumeirah How did your scan go?
  2. Nini

    THR Pain when I sit for a longer time..

    I have been wondering how you are doing! I’m so glad you are getting a scan! Then you will know! How did your experiment of not excercising go? I’m so hoping it’s good news from the scan! Either give it more time or yes we can fix this!
  3. Nini

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    @benne68 thank you. I’ll do just the walking for awhile. I had such great results for pain relief after starting pt 10 weeks ago so I thought I was so close to being ok!
  4. Nini

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    @mendogal @Hip4life @myglasshalffull So I layed off the excercises for a full week. Saturday I did a few and all was well. Yesterday Monday I did a few and soon afterwards had quite a bit of burning tingly pain that had stretched into today. They were just gentle excercises like clam shells...
  5. Nini

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    @Jumeirah it will be interesting to hear the results from your experiment!
  6. Nini

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    And here I’ve been excercising every day plus trying to do housework and walking! Starting today I’m cutting way back!
  7. Nini

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    I do agree with what you said but I wonder if it’s different if you have weakened your muscles from non activity so long before the surgery. I was having trouble even walking very far which is why at 4 months I opted for the PT. Now that I’m walking better that’s a plus for me! @Layla I know I...
  8. Nini

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    @mendogal Thank you! Thanks for laying it out as far as what I should be doing! And yes every other day I have been close to the trembling threshold! No wonder I’m feeling burning pain!
  9. Nini

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    @myglasshalffull thank you for your reply!!! The burn excercise every other day has been 10 clamshells 10 reverse clamshells 10 movements that my leg is lifted knee bent and on my side glide it forward and back 10 times and then 10 leg lifts. I do two sets of that. I will take your advise...
  10. Nini

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    With July came my six month anniversary since my surgery. Am I better since I started PT while yes I am. Do I still have some pain while yes I do! Some days I am just so OK and then another day will come and it will hit me and I have pain and burning. I do think that those days of pain and...
  11. Nini

    THR Pain when I sit for a longer time..

    Can you see your swelling or just feel it? You probably mentioned it before but I don’t remember. I ask because if I take my two fingers and push where it hurts still on me, I can feel a knot but I’m pretty sure that mine is just tight muscles, but I don’t know.
  12. Nini

    THR Pain when I sit for a longer time..

    Yes for me also. At 16 weeks I was still not able to walk much or to stand. That’s when I went to PT and was told about very weak muscles. Now at 20 weeks it is much better. I still can’t stand for long but I’m still working on loosening a tight muscle per PT. I don’t walk any distances just...
  13. Nini

    THR Pain when I sit for a longer time..

    hange my life completely. I’m jealous, when I see other people running around with no troubles and no pain. Boy do I know that feeling! I would even watch people on TV and think look at them! I would think look at them moving and sitting and not even think about it! You are not alone!
  14. Nini

    THR One yr post THR with ongoing pain - MRI report included

    @RPDX24 I was going to ask what tests you had but didn't have to read back very far and saw the post about the MRI and what it found. So from that diagnosis they still say the surgery may or may not help? That has got to be so frustrating! I'm so sorry by all of this you are going through...
  15. Nini

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    Thanks for the encouragement @Nutcase ! So far I’ve had 2 out of 3 good days! T I’m hoping today will be record setting! And make it 3 out of four! We had our very young grandchildren here for 8 hours yesterday and I was on my own with them for most of the day. They kept me busy and I didn’t...
Back
Top Bottom