Recent content by NickUK

  1. N

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    OH once left her phone in the kitchen so I sent a message "grab me a beer while you are in there" She heard the beep and went to get it Lucky I didn't have it tipped over my head :rotfl:
  2. N

    Numerous Issues

    While I cant offer any medical opinion I can make a suggestion. My niece at the age of 17 was a passenger in a car involved in an accident which left her with a broken back, two broken legs, a broken arm and a pelvis in over 37 separate pieces. At some point she had a metal plate in her arm and...
  3. N

    NickUK - Feb 2018

    Hi @Jamie If it could be reverted to NickUK that would be good. I didn't mean for it to be changed on here Thank you
  4. N

    NickUK - Feb 2018

    @SusieShoes aren’t leather, they are 100% rawhide lol
  5. N

    NickUK - Feb 2018

    Thanks SherrieT, all useful advice. The best is always from someone who is experiencing it Not sure what drugs I will be offered, I have a (unfortunately proven) high tolerance to pain so hoping I can avoid the higher doses and strength meds. I have Netflix, amazon and sky so plenty to choose...
  6. N

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Keep on top of it, you are doing great. Good to see that you are setting realistic goals and achieving them too Good to keep everyone about you until you are happy without the visits. I'm looking for a small bell ring so my OH can cater to my every whim if you know where to find one
  7. N

    NickUK - Feb 2018

    Stitched like a kipper lol
  8. N

    Eeek‘s pre op thread

    Only 10 days now Eeek! My apprehension is dropping, so sick of the pain Can you get mirrors for them too? Handy if someone comes up fast from behind or reversing onto a small chair
  9. N

    Apprehensive

    Rome scared the hell out of me too. "Nudging" is accepted over there and in some level streets they don't bother applying handbrakes
  10. N

    NickUK - Feb 2018

    :flabber: It was actually a joke, any chance you could set it back
  11. N

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Any time! 11 days and I can join you in post op. Expect you to have won the NY Marathon by then!
  12. N

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Hi Sherrie, glad you are doing so well. I was going to say I was monitoring your movements to get an idea how I would progress but after some of your threads I could probably phrase it better
  13. N

    Apprehensive

    Sure you will be fine, you can send me one of those beers after Us Brits have to stick together on here
  14. N

    Apprehensive

    103KG? I have heavier shoes than that! I'm booked to go to Florida in July with a 9 hour flight each way. I took advice and they seemed to think this would be fine as long as I was sensible. With you KM1972, I think mine is baby weight too and my youngest 23.
  15. N

    Apprehensive

    Hi Denn, I am 6'3" and 20 stone all but a couple of pounds. I am also 50 which is younger than you. I had a similar letter but also had a chat from the surgeon who explained the realism and also that being younger meant I would be better prepared for recovery. I suspect they are adding "butt...
Back
Top Bottom