Recent content by Newhip2/14

  1. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    It’s also now been almost two months since spraining the ankle on the operated leg. It is getting better but not back to normal. The hip is doing great, though I still haven’t gotten back the flexibility the new joint will allow. I think the muscles had too long a time getting used to not being...
  2. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    Three months next week. I had an appointment for teeth cleaning. The dentist called my primary who said not to take antibiotics before. Saw the OS yesterday. He said they called the wrong dr and he would have said yes to antibiotics. I’ve read both opinions. Hope it will be okay.
  3. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    I’m doing well at 10 weeks post surgery. The ankle is still a bit swollen but is almost better. I’ve been walking on the level portion of our street. Haven’t tried the fairly steep hills to complete the (1-2 mile) “round the block”). I haven’t been to PT but am going to go soon. I’m finding the...
  4. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    After two months I’ve learned a lot! It’s true the hip heals on its own. Spraining the ankle a month ago did not do me any favours. I spent time resting and icing the ankle, and didn’t walk as much as should have been prescribed, but the hip kept healing. It feels like it takes a few steps to...
  5. Newhip2/14

    THR Hike’s Recovery

    Maybe it’s because I’m short, but I like the higher toilet seat.
  6. Newhip2/14

    THR Hike’s Recovery

    My good friend who is a PT and my surgeon both said don’t rush into PT. I’m finding concemtrating on heel/toe very helpful. And, for constipation I take 1 400 mg Magnesium and a probiotic. Works very well. I’ve taken 1 Celebrex for arthritis inflammation for a few years. Because it can be hard...
  7. Newhip2/14

    THR Hike’s Recovery

    With the right leg the op leg and the sprained ankle (now 4 weeks) it took me a long time to get up the nerve to drive. Getting into the drivers side is a bit more difficult and I noticed the lack of lumbar support in the drivers seat making my back hurt. All that said, it is great to be able to...
  8. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    My OS says you have no restrictions . Begin to forget you had surgery. I’m starting to do that. Picked up something from the floor yesterday and put lotion on the operated leg. He did say, of course you’ve become de conditioned. I felt that yesterday walking when the good leg was tired!
  9. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    Almost two eeeks since spraining my ankle (6 1/2 weeks post op) Got a shoe on today and went for a walk down the street with the family. I say please let me push the stroller! I think Bout all the things we got used to not doing with a bad hip and think about regaining some of those skills and...
  10. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    @MammaT Glad I’m not the only miss-stepper!
  11. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    I’m wondering about once precautions are lifted...Does that mean you can (try) to tie your shoes and half crawl to get the clothes out of the washer that’s on the bottom of the stacked w/dryer and get stuff out of dishwasher and dress without aids? Seems impossible! Someone mentioned taking a...
  12. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    Luckily the weak link was not the hip, but the ankle, and it is getting better. Doing RICE for the ankle and walking okay. Scary it was!! I’ve used more pain meds for the dang ankle than I did for the hip.
  13. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    I had a little set back yesterday. Went shopping and stepped wrong and turned my ankle. It’s quite sore but not bruising, but the hip feels fine. The thought of what “could have happened” about made me sick!
  14. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    That’s how I’ve been using the cane pretty much. I could feel the muscles that must have been slacking while resting and using the walker. It is getting easier. Do you find your self limping when getting around on cane or without it? My surgeon said the majority of his hip patients don’t go to...
  15. Newhip2/14

    THR 3 weeks tomorrow

    I think the knee is getting looser. I find walking with the cane is helping but more taxing than the walker. Made it to the end of the street with the walker and half way with the cane, with more discomfort following.
Back
Top Bottom