Recent content by newguy

  1. N

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Hey all, Wow been a year since I have posted on here. I have jogged another 2400 miles this past year. Things are still great. I am still stupid slow I average 10,11, 12 min. miles and I am now 70 Years old. How did that happen. So now 4 and a half years post op, still no issues with my real hip...
  2. N

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Saw my Surgeon today 3.5 years . X ray shows no wear . Zip nada . I have run yes slow 10 min miles about 4000 of them since the surgery!! Cross Linked Polymer in the cup is the key he says . Said hips put in during the 1990s would have showed significant wear !! Kids it really is great !! Oh and...
  3. N

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Going on 3 and a half years now . I ran , slow 10 miles yesterday:)) . I see my surgeon on the 25th for my 2 year follow up from my 1 and a half year follow up. Does that sound right;? Anyway kids it gets better and everything is just good at this time. My pace is 10 to 12+ min miles . Average 6...
  4. N

    THR Harder than expected

    It takes well over a year to fully heal . Nobody wants to hear that . But it does get sooooo much better! It IS a car wreck .
  5. N

    [ORIF] Emergency Femur Surgery on 3 Year Old THR

    Oh man , my fear is falling. Sending good vibes !!
  6. N

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Hey all :)) Happy holidays!! Merry Xmas , Happy New Year. Today , 3 years ago right now I woke up from surgery!!! In 15 minutes I am going for a 7 mile jog :))) . It is so great . Love it and love ya all . It will get better. Embrace the process!!
  7. N

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Hip sounds, clicking still happens at odd times. No pain everything is great.Still slow jogging 40-45 miles a week. I just sound like the Tin Man in the wizard of oz:)))
  8. N

    THR 22 months out from original THR, revision scheduled in less than 2 weeks

    Another chapter in what we call life. The scars are medals. Good luck.
  9. N

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    End of summer update and now 2 years and 8 months hip replacement update. Hip feels great, running 11-12 min miles 6-10 per day. Will cut back to 5-7 next week, starting to work at high schools next week. Sub teaching. June July. August ran 600 miles. Ok so I jogged 600 slow miles, but at 68 YO...
  10. N

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Racing days are done . Way too slow . My plan is to just stay healthy. Do my jogging and eat right keep weight down . :))
  11. N

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    2.5 year update. Ok , 68 years old now . I am now on day 4 of jogging 10 miles a day . It is slow . Not much faster than walking . Not pounding at all . Feel great . Been building up miles last 9 months. The 10 miles a day last 4 days has felt great. It is the summer of C:))) My goal is to jog...
  12. N

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Hey kids, just another update and check in. I turned 68 and now my new hip is 2 years and 4 months old:)) Jogging slow 4,5,6 or even 7 slow miles a day. All good. Hip fantastic. Just be patient. It all gets better with time. Enjoy the warmer weather, oh wait all winter was warm:)))
  13. N

    THR 4.5 Weeks Post... New Pain with increase in cycling activity

    Way too much too soon. Chill guy. This is not a good way to heal. It is a car WRECK!!. Do you get that?? Do you know the type of saw that was used to remove your femur head? Probably not. But it is kinda Frankientienish. 20 years ago you spent almost a week in the hospital and the first few days...
  14. N

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    WT.....Geezee.. I feel ya. Awful and seemingly Unacceptable.
Back
Top Bottom