Recent content by Neveragain2021

  1. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    I lowered myself from the edge, operative leg straight out, other leg bent. Got out with the buoyancy of the water turning to the bent knee and lifting with operative leg still straight out. Maneuvering was less of a hardship, but the results deterred me from trying again anytime soon.:tantrum:
  2. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    Okay guys…btw…how r u ? After 4 months I was dying for a soak! Before surgery my arthritis in the RK reacted to long hot baths. It was my heaven on earth. This is a cautionary tale. After surgery we’re told not to soak until cleared by your surgeon. I felt truly motivated to soak my aching...
  3. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    Hullo everyone… I’m back again. I’ve discovered some nodules under my skin, near the scar. It’s only tender when pressed. The nurse says it could just be scar tissue under the skin, but if I’m concerned, call the surgeon, :no-fin:. And the eczema has increased especially near the scar site...
  4. N

    TKR Bishop's Recovery Story

    Right there with you, TKR, R on 7/21… no more pt and no outpatient pt. Doing as best I can. Self talk keeps me from overdoing it, just to see results. Thanks for sharing. I found your thread while searching for details about bathing.
  5. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    Another month down…tkr on 07/21/21 Doing it alone (no pt) Having trouble maintaining 90, but getting around. I’ve been cleared by the surgeon to increase my walking/hiking up to 2 miles and restart my yoga, but… with the change in weather and the continued stiffness, depression has set in...
  6. N

    TKR Susie-Q's 2nd TKR Recovery Thread

    @Susie-Q … Thank you for sharing. I had a similar experience last night. It scared me so, I dragged myself out of bed and did my exercises! I too am chilling today, totally. Thanks to you, I don’t feel so guilty, pampering the knee today. I wish you much continued success on our healing journey.
  7. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    @montanagal , I’m so sorry. Hopefully the chin strap will help.:prayer: with the help of the body pillow, I’ve been able to sleep on my side and just recently I’m turning more toward my stomach; however now my cpap mask is complaining about lack of contact. You know what, I’m moving and...
  8. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    Excema…I knew you guys would have the answers to that as well! stress…yes…understandable that our immunity is stressed. As usual you guys had answers before I even asked. Btw, my solitary workouts are going well. My mini-lunges are allowing me more flexibility and my ice and elevate routine is...
  9. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    That article was an answer to prayer!
  10. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    OMGoodness…you guys rock! I decided that with the 30 days I have until my next postop follow up, I’m going to continue to walk, do my exercises and use my peddler. If he’s not satisfied there’s really nothing I can do at 4mos post op. I’m going to follow the BoneSmart kinder, gentler approach...
  11. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    Thank you all, once again. Tears have been shed, withdrawal from activities has occurred and, discharge from pt is taking place this morning. The case manager says I’m out of time, and measuring 78 degrees. Wow.
  12. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    Week 8/9 postop… The stiffness is sometimes unbearable. I can walk, no problem, for greater periods of time, but the flexibility eludes me still. Any suggestions on how to deal with the blues that seem to be stalking me? The ice machine is good, but my arthritic hip is having issues. Second...
  13. N

    TKR TKR Right Recovery and losing my right mind

    Looks like my time with pt is coming to an end. I did however purchase a pedal pusher, the only part of therapy I looked forward to. I’m at 0/90 and content to go further as my body decides. Surgeon mentioned 112 at consultation but now says 120. I just want to heal and increase my walking.
  14. N

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Tkr, right 7/21 (no matter how much lotion and cbd salve, it’s still scaly)
  15. N

    TKR Painful nerves daily. Travels knee to ankle, in new knew and above new knee

    OMGoodness @1delapisa … I’m so sorry, you experienced this setback. I’m in week 5-6 and I almost suffered a fall. I’m so hoping the recovery goes quicker than you expect. That aggressive pt exercise almost claimed me, so I know what you’re talking about. I waited to have my surgery until I...
Back
Top Bottom