Recent content by Nemo

  1. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Pain one year after hip arthroscopy. Any suggestions?

    Thanks. The last x-ray was before the surgery... I'll meet the doctor tomorrow. What would you recommend me to ask?
  2. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Pain one year after hip arthroscopy. Any suggestions?

    Thank you Joe and Cisne for the reply and it's nice to know I'm not alone. I don't know. Just tired of it. @Cisne, my arthroscopy was May 31 last year. Seems we had it the same day. Just curious. Are you still doing physical herapy regularly now?
  3. N

    Hip Arthroscopy Pain one year after hip arthroscopy. Any suggestions?

    I'm still having a lot of pain one year after hip arthroscopy. Does anyone have a similar experience or heard of anything similar? Any suggestions? I feel so exhausted and sometimes angry that I just want to chop it off and be done with it. Thanks.
  4. N

    Cost of and hours needed from home assistance – hip arthroscopy?

    @Jamie Thank you for the tips and the link! Yes, my profile birthday is the correct one; and no, I'm not eligible for Medicare. I made phone calls for 3 days and found out my insurance policy had a copayment of $100 per day for hospital stay + 20% out of pocket. Eventually found a case manager...
  5. N

    2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    Me, me, me! Mine was scheduled on Apr 28, but now it is May 31. The very last day of May. :snork: Any delay, and I'll be the transition patient between May and June!
  6. N

    Menstruation?

    @EricaC I also think the surgeons should be prepared for it. Once I had the annual exam with my OBGYN, but I happened to be in my period. I was a little bit uncomfortable, but the doctor told me it was completely fine. But since I have painful periods, I personally would ask if any of the...
  7. N

    Cost of and hours needed from home assistance – hip arthroscopy?

    @Josephine Thank you! The link is really helpful!!
  8. N

    Cost of and hours needed from home assistance – hip arthroscopy?

    First of all, thanks to all who replied my previous thread. I definitely feel more supported than before I joined the forum. Hope everyone either already had a full recovery or is on your way to a full recovery. Could someone share your opinion on the cost of home assistance, and what to ask...
  9. N

    Living alone... How to recover from hip arthroscopy?

    @PhatTxDiva It's delayed to May 31. No, my family won't come for sure.
  10. N

    Living alone... How to recover from hip arthroscopy?

    @Horseshoe Thank you. I'll check the thread.
  11. N

    Chihuahuan's hip adventure

    Good luck and thanks for sharing your story!
  12. N

    Living alone... How to recover from hip arthroscopy?

    @Toddlermom Thank you for the reply! Sorry for the delay in reply - went out of town for a conference and lost internet connection until I came back last Wed night. Then worked over 20 hours from Thurs to Fri to catch a deadline. Then dropped dead and just recovered now. Could you please tell...
  13. N

    Living alone... How to recover from hip arthroscopy?

    @Chihuahuan Thank you for the explanation and understanding. It is a lot clearer for me now. Did your insurance company OK the nurse, or did your doctor prescribed nurse visits? In my country, people are hospitalized even after an appendix removal until you can really take care of yourself. I...
  14. N

    Living alone... How to recover from hip arthroscopy?

    @NellBell Thank you. Yes, I think it's time I call the insurance company. Maybe I should go to the doctor's office and ask them in person. I've met the deductible this year because of all the doctor's visits, diagnostic imagings and PTs. It will be too expensive to wait until the next insurance...
  15. N

    Living alone... How to recover from hip arthroscopy?

    @ruffynator Thank you for the tips! I'm still curious where you went for the class. Why is that my doctor didn't tell me anything?
Back
Top Bottom