Recent content by Neecey

  1. N

    TKR Frustrated

    Next time just say NO!! With my first knee they put me on a “bender” machine and a piece of my patella broke off which put me in a brace for two months while I worried if I’d ever walk again. Thanks to my wise surgeon-who opted not to go back in to try to fix it but rather waited until it...
  2. N

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    Yep-took me forever to be able to sleep in my bed again. I tried propping the operated knee on a pillow; keeping the knee flat on the bed; you name it. I ended up back in the recliner. It will come eventually for you. I think it took and good two months each knee-maybe more. Even now-two years...
  3. N

    TKR TRKR 10/13/23 - Moving Forward with Many Detours

    After my complication due to too much PT I found walking and pool exercises to help the most. Of course I did gentle PT things at home too but just getting back to life seemed to help me the most. My dogs were and still are very happy because they’re my walking partners!
  4. N

    TKR New Participant

    FOLLOW YOUR INTUITION!!! I had a “potentially devastating injury” (my surgeon’s words) to my first TKR when the PT had me on a machine he called “the bender”. The leg was put in a contraption that bent the knee as the patient cranked a lever and the monitor gave you a number for the degree of...
  5. N

    Bone sparing TKR

    I know it’s a big commitment of time (and pain), but if TKR is inevitable anyway don’t wait. I had to wait til my knees were really bad because of my weight - doctors wouldn’t do it until my BMI was under 40. I finally had bariatric surgery and lost the weight. I still tried to put it off when...
  6. N

    THR Roxi rocking on

    I couldn’t take opioids either and I did fine on Tylenol and Tramadol. I alternated them every couple of hours. I found Tylenol Arthritis was stronger than regular Tylenol and lasted longer too. Good luck. I can testify now that both TKRs were totally worth it !
  7. N

    TKR First Goal After Serious TKR Complication

    Another question: Is it common for your recovered knees to hurt again when the weather goes from summer to winter? My TRKR was 1/26/23, though with a complication (avulsion fracture of patella that healed with a brace for two months). My LTKR was 9/22/23 with a normal healing process. Every...
  8. N

    TKR First Goal After Serious TKR Complication

    This one has done very well! I’m now 3 months and doing most everything. Still working on steps, esp going down.
  9. N

    TKR First Goal After Serious TKR Complication

    Thank you! My left knee is completely different than the right (thank goodness!). I’m now four weeks out and was able to give up the walker two weeks ago. I still use a cane for longer distances but am starting to give that up for shorter distances too. Pain is usually minimal except after PT...
  10. N

    TKR LTKR Done 9/22/23 after Complicated RTKR 1/26/23

    I had a very difficult complication on my right knee earlier this year so am hoping and praying this one (on 9/22/23) on the left goes better! So far so good, but today is day 2 and the nerve block wore off. I can’t do the usual opioids (nausea) so am making do with Extra Strength Tylenol and...
  11. N

    TKR First Goal After Serious TKR Complication

    Thank you, mendogal-your description sounds a lot like how I feel. That makes me feel better.
  12. N

    TKR First Goal After Serious TKR Complication

    I’m now six months post-RTKR with an avulsion fracture of the patella two weeks after surgery that had me in a brace for two month. I got out of the brace in mid April, so my rehab really started about 3 months ago. I am now walking without any kind of assistive device and pretty much doing...
  13. N

    TKR Two TKRs and a broken kneecap - on the mend now!

    I can’t believe the typos! I didn’t type it like that. Let me try again! I loved my Border Terrier very much. He died at age 14 in 2022. His name was Oliver. Found some updates on your knees. Hope Ruby is good company. Thinking of and praying for you. There IS hope!!! I’m walking again and...
  14. N

    TKR Two TKRs and a broken kneecap - on the mend now!

    Is Ruby part Border Terrier? I had a Border Terrier who unloved very much. He sidebar age 14 in 2022. Now I have two rescues. I’m a dog lover too!
  15. N

    TKR First Goal After Serious TKR Complication

    Hang in there!! It’s SO hard, esp when you see others who had the same surgery up and about in a few weeks. Just yesterday a friend who had her right knee done ten days ago drove herself to church and was barely limping! I’ve found just trying to use the knee in everyday situations helps the...
Back
Top Bottom