Recent content by NAUTIQUE

  1. NAUTIQUE

    THR 1 yr. Double hippie!

    THANKS GUYS! Loving the new pain free life! This forum & a few FB groups got me through all this - Thanks, Thanks, Thanks! :cheers: To all the newbies - IT GETS BETTER EVERY DAY!
  2. NAUTIQUE

    THR 1 yr. Double hippie!

    :yes!::egypdance: Sooo happy! Just wanted to drop in & tell all those waiting to have their replacements done, or those recovering from recent surgery..... IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY! To save you from having to look back at my pre-surgery posts - I was scared sheeeeit!!!! I did everything...
  3. NAUTIQUE

    THR Nautique's recovery thread

    4 weeks out now. Feeling really well. Outpatient PT started last week & he works me over a bit! :shocked: Manipulates the operated leg pretty good & then works in a few new exercises. Actually feels great when he's done though, really loosens it up. Although the new exercises work in some squat...
  4. NAUTIQUE

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    Sounds like you're doing great @MetFish ! Keep up the good work - Wishing you a speedy perfect recovery! :cheers:
  5. NAUTIQUE

    THR Nautique's recovery thread

    Wow, recovery becomes kind of a whirlwind! :spin: Here I am at almost 2 weeks out already! I've had PT coming to the house every other day since being discharged. She's been really surprised with how well I'm doing. I used the Walker for only a couple days & then she transitioned me to the...
  6. NAUTIQUE

    THR Nautique's recovery thread

    Sorry for the delay, but finally have a minute to give my update as of day 5 :wave:...... Op was on Monday afternoon, I was the last of the day & didn't get to my room until about 9pm. They had given me a spinal shot & some general (like colonoscopy) anesthesia. I woke up near the end of the...
  7. NAUTIQUE

    THR Nautique's recovery thread

    One down one to go! Right anterior THR went really well yesterday! Checked in at noon, Op started about 3ish, into room about 9pm. Got me Up into chair for breakfast at 7am. PT got me out for a couple quick walks with walker. Been a little groggy from the Oxy today, but no real bad pain Just...
  8. NAUTIQUE

    Newbie jumping in!

    Welp here we go!!! :yikes: It's THE DAY! I'm lucky to have an easy morning though. Don't have to be at hospital until noon. So sipping my allowed (3) 8oz. cups of black coffee & trying to stay calm. Not too bad so far, I'm pretty much at the point of "knock me out and get this over with!"...
  9. NAUTIQUE

    Newbie jumping in!

    @MetEish Positive vibes your way!!! See ya in the post-op forum :cheers:
  10. NAUTIQUE

    Newbie jumping in!

    Welp, last day of work today (took tomorrow off to try to wrap up lots of last minute things). Big family wedding this weekend. My niece is getting married with events from Friday night through Sunday. Planning on lots of :martini: and then they can just wake me up Monday afternoon when its all...
  11. NAUTIQUE

    From "cool as a cucumber" to spitting mad!!

    @WendyP648 Sorry to hear about the delay, but glad to see it's all back on track! You & @Nana2-8 are right in front of me. Can't wait to hear from you guys on the post-op side. Great vibes sent you way!
  12. NAUTIQUE

    Newbie jumping in!

    OS office called this afternoon & advised that doc said all should be fine for next week! Uhhh... Happy? Gunga galunga (Tibetan expression of peaceful dismay). :loll:
  13. NAUTIQUE

    Newbie jumping in!

    @Nana2-8, Yep, was using Aleve a couple times a week to keep my hip/leg pain in check (seemed to work the best for me). But as of yesterday no more Aleve. They also told me Tylenol was OK - Will probably have to give it a try at some point this week - my body now feels like it was hit by a...
  14. NAUTIQUE

    Newbie jumping in!

    Still plodding down this pre-op road! :bored: Had my pre-op dental cleaning last week - of course a piece of a filling falls off at the cleaning! Dentist takes a look and says the rest of filling looks pretty solid - of course, two days later the rest of it fell out! :rolleyes: Last Friday was...
  15. NAUTIQUE

    It's 48 hours away, and I'm cool as a cucumber

    Wendy, I'll say congrats on making it to your surgery date - Because it sure is a tough road to travel! (I'm right behind you on 8/1 :) ) Positive thoughts sent your way, wishing you a great day on Wednesday!
Back
Top Bottom