Recent content by Naps

  1. N

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    @ Puggles The stretching from PT definitely is key. I have been sick and unable to stretch for 10 days and am hurting. I already had a follow up with my ortho physiatrist, which I had to postpone- will see him in a week. The next step for me for the high hamstring tendonosis is either a steroid...
  2. N

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    @ Puggles-. I will be a year post op anterior THR January. Hip is perfect, but I, too am still suffering with tendinosis of the tendons that attach the hamstrings to the ischial spines (seen on mri). Initially the pain intensified after returning to work 3 mos post op. Diagnosed with...
  3. N

    TKR How long TED hose?

    Wore them for 6 weeks after THR. Also MD had me on aspirin. They said the TEDS were for swelling and they really helped, along with the ice and constant elevation.
  4. N

    THR Quad spasms THR

    Hi, I hope everyone's healing is going well. Just hit my my 5 month post op mark! Yay! The hip joint itself is doing great, but along my thigh I feel bruised when touched. Still have swelling, though. Also been having pain on the outer hips, when I sit too long and stand up. Like being squeezed...
  5. N

    THR Quad spasms THR

    @Layla thanks! The chart with the healing weeks is very helpful to me. I found this surgery to be remarkable in that the moment I woke up after surgery the bone pain was gone. It is so helpful to check back here with you all as sometimes we need a guide as to whether or not our recovery is...
  6. N

    THR Quad spasms THR

    @LaKarune I did ask the surgeon, he said my non op side has some arthritis but nothing concerning at this point. I forgot to ask about the "sitting bones" but I will email his NP tomorrow. I had this before surgery, and thought it was from shifting my weight onto that side to relieve the pain on...
  7. N

    THR Quad spasms THR

    Hello, Just passed my 4 month post op date and have a few questions. I think I've been doing well but have a few problems. -Had anterior approach Jan 3rd and I still have swelling located from the incision wrapping around to the back of my thigh. It gets really stiff and swells more if I don't...
  8. N

    THR Quad spasms THR

    @Jaycey thanks. I worked up to the 2000 over the course of the past 2 weeks. I'm not sure how much I am supposed to be walking. The pain feels like a groin pull, I am wondering if it's scar tissue extending from the top of my incision? It's thicker at the top, I think because that's where my...
  9. N

    THR My thigh muscle is too weak

    @SaraK " I recently had to get a special pillow for side sleepers using a CPAP (just got my first CPAP recently)." I know it's been very long and you might not see this, but if you do, can you tell me the pillow that you bought? I am struggling with the same c-pap issue and would love to try...
  10. N

    THR Quad spasms THR

    Hello everyone! Trying to stay warm in this frigid northeast! Am now 6 1/2 weeks post op and last night started to have groin pain. To the point that I am limping again today. It feels like really tight groin pulling, not the stabbing straight-in pain I had preop. It started after my walk late...
  11. N

    THR Quad spasms THR

    HI, Today I reach my 6 week mark. The intense quad spasms are very infrequent. I do get a searing pain from glute ( surgical side) all the way down the outer part of my leg, it seems to be if I turn a certain way while sleeping. I think it might be the sciatic nerve getting pinched somehow...
  12. N

    THR Merrimay's on the other side now THR

    Merrimay, I too had sever muscle pain from the statins. Over a year ago, my doctor put me on a relatively new medication, called Nexletol and I have had no side effects at all. I am a person that gets the side effects that only 1% of people have!! There's also a Nexletol combination if the plain...
  13. N

    THR Quad spasms THR

    @zauberflöte the top of my thigh, around the incision and toward the side of my leg is swollen tonight. I couldn’t figure out why because I did not walk excessively today. However I did go up the stairs twice as many times as I have been doing. I didn’t realize it until I just really read your...
  14. N

    THR Quad spasms THR

    @Layla Thanks, a few weeks ago I thought one month mark would never come! I saw the magnesium recomendation here and have been taking low dose ( Due to GI side effects) In the last 4 or 5 night I only had spasm ( last night, short duration.) If I can find it I'll add the quinine, too. Also...
  15. N

    TKR Dental implant before knee replacement?

    Hi, My OS said I could do any oral sx I needed prior to my hip, but had to wait at least 3 months afterward ( includes cleanings). Theory is that we get intraoperative antibiotics and I had post op antibiotics at the hospital. Will be taking one dose antibiotics prior to all dentals now.
Back
Top Bottom