Recent content by Nanuhip

  1. N

    THR Both easier and harder than I thought<

    @NelBell you sound like a very caring daughter in the face of adversity, and know this....this awful time will pass for you, as everything does. Take heart in the fact lots of people love you and the lovely folk on here are sending positive thoughts your way. As for the jam....I know what I'd...
  2. N

    THR Both easier and harder than I thought<

    @NellBell just been reading through your posts. How utterly appalling for you and your family really should be ashamed of themselves! I sincerely hope you're doing better now. If I lived in Seattle I'd send my family to you and they'd gladly help. Take care and very best wishes. x
  3. N

    THR Just joined<'

    Well obviously one day is not the the same as another day....had a good day yesterday but not today. Spent most of my time in bed but interestingly not due to excessive pain but to feeling sick and rather rubbish. Can I ask is it normal to have the feeling of ' dead leg' below knee after THR...
  4. N

    Knee Infection Hamstring tight

    Hi Diddy. Sorry you're having such a rough time. Night time is certainly the worst time for me too. In my limited experience I would say you're probably not using ice pack enough. I rotate two packs throughout the day and it's been very helpful. Is there no-one to help you at home?
  5. N

    THR Just joined<'

    Thank you so much for the welcome. I've certainly found ice very helpful. Like a comfort blanket!
  6. N

    THR Just joined<'

    Has anyone found a reasonably comfortable sleeping position after THR? Six weeks on your back is not my idea of fun. I've tried pillow under legs, under knees, legs flat out, knees bent.....sleeping on one pillow, two pillows....the urge to try and lie on my side is overwhelming but haven't...
  7. N

    THR Just joined<'

    Thank you Jaycey. It really helps to know others have had the same issues. Creates much less anxiety. Already ordered another ice pack. How long did your pain last? Hoping of course you're well now....
  8. N

    THR Just joined<'

    Thank you! I've only got one pack so will order extra. I'm in NE England. Don't want to jinx anything, and although I've still had pain, I think I've been ever so slightly better this afternoon. Definitely walking slightly better too. Good luck with your op!
  9. N

    THR Just joined<'

    That's exactly the spot. Don't have too much pain on the outside thigh. Just sore from op site but doesn't feel related. Yes my physio said piriformis. If I didn't have that I'd be laughing! Almost.... After reading forum I'm certainly using ice pack much more and it helps. Onwards and upwards...
  10. N

    THR Just joined<'

    Hi Josephine, Thank you for reply. Pain located R5B C. Had a dreadful night with Oromorph. Very nauseated, unsteady and wobbly. Won't be taking that anymore!
  11. N

    THR Just joined<'

    Thanks Pumkin. Hope I've added info correctly.
  12. N

    THR Just joined<'

    Hi. So pleased I found this forum. Six days post right THR and thought I was going mad. Struggling to get on top of pain, especially at night, can't sit, walk or stand for too long but doing gentle muscle strengthening exercises as advised by physio. My main pain is located in right butt cheek...
Back
Top Bottom