Not posted for a long time - upgraded to Windows 10 last year (hate it!) and lost all passwords, etc! Taken a while to get back into everything but certainly the shoulder replacement has been amazing. I had the reverse one and have a good range of movement apart from still needing a...
Oh dear, no reply from @Damherst - I wonder if she had surgery. I have had my one-year checkup, told by the young doctor that I am amazing! He couldn't believe the amount of movement I have especially given my age, said they have much younger patients who never get past 60%. Still can't quite...
Oh dear, I somehow missed your post @Damherst - I would have replied sooner! Next week is a year for my shoulder and I just wish I could have had it done sooner. I was in a sling holding that arm close to the body for 6 weeks but after that just gradually used it more and more, sometimes without...
Hi everyone! Had my 6 month check-up yesterday, everything going well! I got discharged from physiotherapy after only 3 sessions as I was making such good progress. Husband was making sure I did my exercises at home.
Mine was the reverse replacement like @Me2, it seems to be the more successful...
Thanks @Jaycey for giving me my own thread! And its good to hear from Sheryl and Deb that it can be so good! 3 weeks today and it only took 1¼ hours to shower and dress myself (including front-fastening bra and panties, the most difficult bit!) while himself was banished downstairs. He hovers...
Hello everyone! Done on the 7th as promised, one night inpatient, now under hubbie's care. Typing left-handed takes ages and I'm still very tired (nap, anyone?) but at least I was expecting it after my hip op. Dressing now removed and had dissolvable stitches. Blissful shower!
Had one...
I'm glad I had retired from teaching by the time I had my hip done - but easing back into work gradually is sensible. Just the effort of getting up, showered and breakfasted made me ready for a nap for weeks!
Thanks Josephine - but I did say it was strange! Me thinking too much again. And @Zelda Mine is a boring old-fashioned phone, small enough to keep in a pocket - I have been holding out against a new one as they are all bigger! I also have a desktop, laptop and Kindle HD so not exactly out of touch!
Great positive news - I can't believe my TLHR is 4 years old and I forget I have it (except going through airport scanners!) We are so lucky with modern medicine, proved again with your remission from cancer. Long may that continue - enjoy every day that you have!
Best wishes
Anne
Just read through your thread - are you still taking pain meds regularly? Don't worry about addiction, just taper off gradually when you are ready.
You are only 8 weeks out and everything will still be healing/adjusting to your new joint. At that stage I don't think I could have done what you...
A strange title, but here goes:-
Almost 4 years since my THR and I have noticed something strange recently. I usually carry my mobile phone (cell phone) in my left trouser pocket and I have found that I was starting to feel some discomfort in my thigh muscles with the skin becoming quite warm...
My mother was lucky to be referred to Dr James Cyriax (Google him, great advocate of chiropractice!) at St Thomas's Hospital in London when she had back trouble, so when I had spent 3 weeks flat on my back in 1971 with a "slipped disc" I went to see him - he diagnosed a "sub-luxation of the...
Such a relief to find this thread going - it was so good after my TLHR in 2012 to be able to get answers to all those niggley queries, the ones that keep you awake at 2 am! Being on elbow crutches then seemed to set off my right shoulder and now I am due replacement on Monday next. (Actually...
Hi @zauberflöte - have you managed to get any pain relief for MIL?
I finally saw a surgeon (a Professor, no less!) yesterday, he went to manipulate the shoulder joint and it made a lovely scraping noise. " Oh, that's bone-on-bone, I won't do any more - do you want a replacement?" I thought...
I feel for your poor MIL - I am now waiting to see a surgeon about my r shoulder. It has not been good for a long time but really didn't like me being on elbow crutches when I had my hip done (wow, 3 years ago!). Injections have helped me but they really are a temporary fix, lasted a few months...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.