Nannyannie's Shoulder Replacement

Not posted for a long time - upgraded to Windows 10 last year (hate it!) and lost all passwords, etc! Taken a while to get back into everything but certainly the shoulder replacement has been amazing. I had the reverse one and have a good range of movement apart from still needing a front-fastening bra - can live with that!
Had a fall last August, took a nosedive down 3 steps. I landed on a large pot and head-butted the post of the bird table, big lump on head - I must have tucked my r/arm into my body so shoulder was OK but hit the pot edge with the back of my right wrist. Broke the end of the radius and a little bone called the scaphoid at the base of the thumb, no displacement luckily so just in a cast for 6 weeks (purple lightweight with glitter!). First broken bone ever, sent for DEXA bone scan - yes, I have osteoporosis, worst in my lumbar spine. That explains the niggly pain I get there, nothing to do with the hip replacement. At least that has been caught early, now on medication for that! ! I had a scan when I was 61 and told then that had the bones of a 31 year-old, so what happened then I wonder.
My left shoulder has spells of "me too" but I had a cortisone jab plus physio and that helped. Now it's the knees, I'm still struggling to lose that excess poundage as I know it will help.
Best wishes to all Bonesmarties , old and newer - remember:- rest, take your meds and use that ice!
Anne
 
@Nannyannie Good to hear from you! Technology - sometimes a real pain.

So sorry you had a fall! Hope all is on the mend now. Sounds like your shoulder is doing well. Thanks for the update!
 
So good to hear from you again, although I hate that you had that nasty fall. You'll notice that we've added a whole new shoulder forum because it's starting to become a pretty popular surgery. People are getting great results from it....me included! Hope to hear more from you.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom