Recent content by Nana Mo

  1. Nana Mo

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    @LeeMarie I just read that you ar in,y icing 2 hours a day???? I iced almost 20 hours a day for the first month and continued to ice a lot up to the 3 month mark. Icing is a huge pain reliever! Do you have a cryogenic cuff? They are great as they provide constant cold water flow so not need...
  2. Nana Mo

    New to the area

    Welcome and good luck. Read, Read, Read and ask us any questions you might have! There are lots of people who are here to support you!
  3. Nana Mo

    Finally

    Good Luck next week! I was just a bit over 50 when I had my LTKR so please don't let anyone tell you you are too young! I asked my doctor what was worse...having it done now and possibly wearing it out in 25 years or wait and while waiting get fat because of lack of exercise, live on pain...
  4. Nana Mo

    Total left knee October 28th

    I was also scared out of my mind before the procedure to the point of tears and almost hyperventilating the few days before. I know this is easier said than done but try to relax. My fears were so much greater than they needed to be. In fact when I first woke up I was almost pain free because...
  5. Nana Mo

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    Hope your "blues" have passed you by at this point. We have all felt them at some point in our recovery so we can all sympathize with you. At my lowest my wonderful sister surprised me with a visit...she lives 4 hours away...and spent the day with me, taking me to therapy, picked up lunch and...
  6. Nana Mo

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    I am sure Josephine will give you great words of wisdom! I wouldn't worry too much about it. You are not even a wek past surgery yet and I found that my pain wasn't as much in the actual knee as it was in all of the surrounding soft tissue. It is probably your muscles reacting to NOT being...
  7. Nana Mo

    TKR Grateful for Bonesmart

    When was your surgery? When I was first back at work it actually felt better to be walking around than sitting at my desk. Sitting with the 90 degree bend really stiffen the knee up. Walking loosened it up. I couldn't ice much at work so I would sleep with my cryogenic cuff on. Icing made...
  8. Nana Mo

    TKR 2 weeks out and holding

    Take those pain meds on schedule. No one needs to be a hero after this surgery! I iced probably 20 out of 24 hours for the first 4 weeks. I slept with my Cruz cuff on over night for almost 2 months. Ice was a huge help in pain relief. I also took it really easy with PT. I let my daily...
  9. Nana Mo

    TKR Grateful for Bonesmart

    It will get better! Remember this was a HUGE surgery and you need to give yourself plenty of time. I am now 8 months past my surgery and I just now really starting to feel like I can say I feel like normal. It has really been the last 2 weeks that my knee has gotten a big jump in my ROM. I...
  10. Nana Mo

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    Anything is a challenge right after the surgery not the least of which being anything that need attention to detail. I was once playing cards with my hubby and fell asleep in the middle of shuffling! We laugh about it now but at the time I was so upset that I had no control over staying awake...
  11. Nana Mo

    TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

    Hi @icep707. I have been away for a bit but just wanted to stop in and say hi and see how you are doing! All great here....danced the night away at my sons wedding and never thought twice about my knee! Glad to hear you are back at work and doing well!
  12. Nana Mo

    Knee brace after TKR?

    No brace should be needed. I did have a large foam type wrap I put on for the first few days when I would get up but it was more to keep the knee stable and helped with pain when I lifted it. It was not at all needed to keep the knee in place and was a pain to get on actually. You will be...
  13. Nana Mo

    TKR Anxiety about TKR - now it's done!

    Good luck with the surgery and getting back to work so quickly. I also had my knee done as outpatient and even thought the thought of it completely freaked me out at first I am really glad I did it that way. So much nicer to be at home and in control of your own pain meds!! Take them on...
  14. Nana Mo

    LTKR scheduled for October 8th

    Good Luck tomorrow! I had my LTKR almost 8 months ago and it is the best thing I ever did!! I doubted that for the first few months but hanging in there, take you meds and ice and elevate ALL the time!
  15. Nana Mo

    TKR Nana Mo's journey

    I haven't been on here for a very long time but I wanted to stop in to let everyone know that after the 8 month mark I feel fabulous!! I was able to dance ALL night at my sons wedding at the end of August but then it took me a few weeks to get the knee to calm down again!! It was worth it...
Back
Top Bottom