Recent content by naka21

  1. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Good afternoon! Today is my 7 month hipversary and I feel great! But even better than that.....yesterday I became a grandmother for the first time. Introducing my grandson, Joseph Aleksander. I don't think I've ever been this much in love in my life.
  2. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Good morning, all. Last night I had my final physical therapy session.....four months to the date since I started. It was bittersweet as I'd really grown close to my physical therapist....he was awesome and pushed me when I needed it. I know that hips don't necessarily need PT, but I know...
  3. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Update: It's been almost 16 weeks since my RTHR and yesterday was my check-up with the OS. He didn't take any x-rays....just checked my range of motion and measured around both legs (calf & thigh). ROM was excellent and muscles in both legs are equal. I don't have to go back until my one...
  4. naka21

    I'm very scared!

    @Jesus fan I walked on my new hip the next day with no problems whatsoever. You'll be fine.
  5. naka21

    I'm very scared!

    @Jesus fan Also.....I had the spinal for surgery and don't remember a single thing between when they gave me the sedative and when I woke up in recovery. At my 2 week follow-up, my OS said that I was very "cooperative" during surgery. So, while I was "awake" enough to follow the staff's...
  6. naka21

    I'm very scared!

    @Jesus fan When I was told that I needed a THR, my GP also told me that my OS probably wouldn't agree to the surgery until I'd lost between 20 and 30 lbs (my BMI at the time was almost 47). The OS said my weight wouldn't prevent him from operating, but that the risk of complications would go...
  7. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Hi, @Layla I'm doing well. Can't believe it's been over 3 months already.....I actually didn't remember until yesterday. I'm really pleased with my recovery. Things I haven't been able to do for years, I'm doing.....painting my own toes, crossing my legs... Last week I was approved for...
  8. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Thanks. I can't believe it's been 2 months already. It flew by. Hit some milestones this weekend: first, I was able to squat down to pick up the garbage my dog had decided to drag around my kitchen (haven't been able to do that for years); second, I was able to sit cross-legged on my bed...
  9. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    @Layla Not to worry....I put my shower stool back in my tub just in case. As for gigs, we just played last Thursday night (right before I got sick).
  10. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Thanks, @Layla. I've been on antibiotics since Monday afternoon. Going to try the work thing again tomorrow.
  11. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Hi, all. Recovery continues to be an adventure. I was ill all weekend and suspected it was a case of bronchitis (confirmed by the doctor on Monday). Monday morning I got into the shower (thinking I'd attempt to go to work), felt woozy and proceeded to pass out in the shower. When I came to I...
  12. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    @catt I've been dying for a nice, hot bath for 7 weeks now. PT says I'm not ready, but I'm so tempted to just try it for the heck of it. Only problem is if I get stuck in the tub, there's no one to help me out. I'll be good and wait until I know I can get up easily from a seated position on...
  13. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Thanks, @Layla Almost forgot.....I ordered a new t-shirt for myself (picture attached) and can't wait to wear it to PT next week once it arrives. Yes, I'm a little dorky sometimes.
  14. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Thanks, @Jackie222
  15. naka21

    THR Weight gain?

    Good morning! Haven't updated in a while, but I'm still here. Today I drove for the first time in almost 7 weeks! My drive to work is only about 5 minutes, but I did it. I don't know what I was so scared of. I had someone in the car with me in case I couldn't do it and we both survived...
Back
Top Bottom