Recent content by Mythmomma

  1. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    I have been doing well. My left has been so much easier than my right. I will not be doing the hospital physio this time. My regular physiotherapist is awesome and I will stick with him. Definitely the weather presents a challenge. With the ice, cold and Covid I am using the treadmill this...
  2. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    Hi all! Nearly two weeks post op! I came through with flying colours. It is definitely a different experience this time. I did not have "log leg" which is making mobility so much better this time. I have my post op and staple removal tomorrow.
  3. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    Two more days! Getting everything ready for my left hip replacement. I am grateful that I am the first surgery on Wednesday morning. Definitely feeling nervous but optimistic. Thank you everyone for all the info and support.
  4. M

    2021 December Supernovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

    Can you add me to the list? My 2nd surgery is December 8. Left hip
  5. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    Hi everyone. My leg is getting stronger every day. My date for my other hip is December 8th. It is coming very quickly. It has been a crazy month. We sold our very large house and have bought a bungalow (we are empty nesters). We move in March. I was recently diagnosed with a more...
  6. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    I am doing better. I quit the hospital physiotherapy with my surgeon’s blessing. I still use one cane for walks but am doing better without inside. I still have a bit of a limp but it is improving. I am doing 20 minutes on the elliptical which feels great. What is holding me back is my other...
  7. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    Second hospital mandated physiotherapy. Uggghh! More like one hour boot camp. I’ve had physiotherapy before and it is always about gradual progression. First time doing leg raises and he put a two pound weight on and made me do twenty. Said bridges were non negotiable also twenty. Not only...
  8. M

    THR Spex10 in recovery

    So handsome!
  9. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    I am getting around better and walking more. My swelling came back with a vengeance . Icing and elevating again. Walking outside with 2 canes and can get by inside with 1. My hubby says my incision looks awesome! Full disclosure he’s a family doc so he’s been amazing through this. Also he’s...
  10. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    Could I have the activity progression for hip replacement.
  11. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    I had my first physiotherapy appointment at the hospital (not my physio). It was a very frustrating appointment. First off it is a loooong walk to get there. I did the assessment with timed exercises. He was running behind and generally not happy. I was told my slight limp was off, my gait...
  12. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    I did my first big walks yesterday and today. We live in the country and our driveway is 150 metres (500 ft) long. I made it to the end and back. I also have a long walkway with two sets of steps to get back inside. Getting there.
  13. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    Got my staples removed today. Everything looks good. Working on gentle stretches and walking. My awesome physiotherapist says my job is to manage my pain and heal. No rushing. I am definitely getting more mobile which is encouraging.
  14. M

    THR Spex10 in recovery

    I never look at a pet as having a health guarantee. Our lovely Maine Coon had fiv. We nursed her for 14 years she was 16 when she passed. Our current pup is a rescue. Very scared but is coming along. Sorry for the delay. It is hard waiting to pick up new furry family members.
  15. M

    THR Mythmom's recovery

    11 days post op. Still a lot of swelling but very little bruising. Quite stiff. My knee and quads are very sore and stiff. Bending my knee during my stretching exercises is not fun. I am icing lots. Frustrated that my pain level seems to have plateaued. I know I should be patient but it...
Back
Top Bottom