Recent content by Mutley

  1. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Hello from a beautiful & sunny day here in the South of the UK! I haven’t posted for a while & thought a little update must be due! So I’m just over 4 months PO now. I’ve actually been back to work for 4 weeks but enjoying having this week off as it’s half term & I work in a school No more...
  2. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Thanks Layla My recovery still seems to be frustrating 13 weeks PO. Luckily I’ve still been having physio & hydrotherapy sessions. My quads decided to ‘stop firing’ & it’s certainly hard work trying to get them to engage again ☹️ I keep going on about ‘stamina’ as this is the only way I can...
  3. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Good morning & a very Merry Christmas to you too! 11 weeks PO today & 3 weeks today since the MUA. So glad I had it done. I've managed to maintain my 110 ROM which I'm more than happy with What I'm struggling with is the stamina side. I've just walked the dog which felt great & then the upper...
  4. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Good morning Layla! I’m doing much better now thank you! I had an MUA last Thursday exactly 8 weeks PO. Knee was stuck at 80 & driving me nuts Surgeon managed to get 110-120 during the procedure. Thick scar tissue & had had a bleed on the knee. ‍He arranged to keep me in overnight so I could...
  5. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Unfortunately it didn't Due to a series of 'errors' by the hospital staff I was in more pain than the original TKR. Went home with a massively swollen knee & basically didn't gain anymore ROM. Bizarrely when I saw the physio last week I asked him to measure the right knee & was stunned to find...
  6. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Good Monday morning everyone! Ok, just another little update. I will be 7 weeks this coming Thursday…feels so much longer ☹️ Went for my physio appointment last week to find that I had only managed to get to 80 degrees. My problem is still this: I can get out of bed & do some exercises, if I’m...
  7. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Happy Friday everyone! I thought I’d give you a little update after my last post. I ‘finally’ saw a physio yesterday exactly 4 weeks after my LTKR. What a lovely guy He was kind, gentle, sympathetic but positive about what we could do going forward. As thought my ROM was at 70 so I think when...
  8. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    WEEK 4 EXPECTATIONS…….(Sorry, this might be long!) Good morning everyone from a very wet & windy UK! Just after some advice or words of wisdom! I will be 4 weeks PO tomorrow. Progress I feel is very, very slow ☹️ I should have had my 1st physio appointment on Monday…it got cancelled I was then...
  9. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    18 days PO. ‘Keanu’ as I call my new knee is still being very stroppy on the bending front ROM is about 73. Everyday I go from thinking, don’t worry, it will get there TO OMG this is terrible…HELP! I think the reason im stressing is because I’m still not walking ‘properly’ but with a limp or a...
  10. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Hi Jaycey, I did read & have re-read the articles but can’t get out of my head what my surgeon said about doing ‘Appaulingly’ ☹️ I’m so frightened this knee doesn’t/won’t bend like the other one I’m all over the place. Today has been a bit of a downer…
  11. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Good morning! Day 10 post op for me. I’m doing ok even managing a little bit of sleep during the night. Had a good walk round the block yesterday as well as keeping up with the exercise regime. I wanted to know how long before I might stop walking with a limp? I put the heel down 1st but can’t...
  12. Mutley

    TKR Mystikfairy's RTKR August 21

    Have just read your whole thread @mystikfairy61 and just want to say thanks so much as it’s really helped me mentally be comfortable at where I’m currently at in my recovery journey Onwards & upwards xx
  13. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Thanks for your reply dotski! Yes, the leg is quite swollen from my thigh to my calf which makes walking feel very unnatural ☹️ I had such a horrible time with my RTKR nearly 11 years ago now that I’m desperate for everything to be ‘perfect’ this time round & not fall into that awful depressive...
  14. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Good morning & a little update plus seeking some advice! So day 6 post op. The last 2 nights haven’t been the best. I have such trouble trying to sleep on my back. The knee doesn’t like being flat on the bed but then when I rested it on some pillows it protests at that, too. My ankle is swollen...
  15. Mutley

    MUA Keep on plodding on

    Thank you all for the good advice! I feel I’m doing pretty well. Even managed to lift my leg off the bed this morning or if the physio held it up I could just about control it coming back down on to the bed. I’ve passed the stairs up & down test & my walking is good too. The only thing he’s not...
Back
Top Bottom