mystikfairy61
post-grad
@Shires Sorry for the long post. I don't have any studies that shows one way over another helps other than what myself and so many others on here have shown over and over. That flexion and extension don't have to be worked for or fought for and that with time and patience, once the swelling has subsided, movement will come. As I have been told on here and have seen for myself, a tight,swollen knee cannot bend and trying to force it only increases the pain and swelling which makes moving it harder. Be sure to read all the info sent to you by the staff here, it will prove invaluable throughout your recovery.
I have rehabbed 4 joints total, both knees and hips. My left knee was done in Nov 2014 and my flexion is 110,extension is 0. I am perfectly satisfied with that because I can do everything I need to. Shires, feel free to reach out anytime. Glad that what I said helped you with your recovery. After all that is why we are here, to help others going thru this.
@Layla @sistersinhim I do need to mention, I will be 7 weeks on Sunday. My biggest thing I have been dealing with is the tight band feeling around my knee which of course is to be expected. I also have a really tight hamstring and IT band that I am dealing with. For those of you that do not know, the IT band is the one that runs down the outside of the hip and knee. I am known for having trochanteric bursitis and I have a screamer case at the moment so the IT band being tight and sore is making that worse. I am still getting to see my at home therapist a couple more times before they cut me lose and I am using it to my advantage. She sent me a couple of exercises I can do to stretch both the hamstring and IT band but she said to only stretch a couple of times and only til I feel a slight pull so I can start stretching them a bit. I am also continuing my Celebrex to help with the inflammation since they gave me enough for 3 months. I normally get a shot of cortisone when I have bursitis this severe but I know I can't until at least 12 weeks so I don't risk an infection. I am considering going to outpt PT because I am stuck at 95 flexion plus with all the sore areas I am thinking I need a bit of help to get past this point. Any advise would be appreciated before I do something I might wish I hadn't. Just wanted to run this past others to get their thoughts on them. I just don't think walking alone is going to loosen these areas.
I have rehabbed 4 joints total, both knees and hips. My left knee was done in Nov 2014 and my flexion is 110,extension is 0. I am perfectly satisfied with that because I can do everything I need to. Shires, feel free to reach out anytime. Glad that what I said helped you with your recovery. After all that is why we are here, to help others going thru this.
@Layla @sistersinhim I do need to mention, I will be 7 weeks on Sunday. My biggest thing I have been dealing with is the tight band feeling around my knee which of course is to be expected. I also have a really tight hamstring and IT band that I am dealing with. For those of you that do not know, the IT band is the one that runs down the outside of the hip and knee. I am known for having trochanteric bursitis and I have a screamer case at the moment so the IT band being tight and sore is making that worse. I am still getting to see my at home therapist a couple more times before they cut me lose and I am using it to my advantage. She sent me a couple of exercises I can do to stretch both the hamstring and IT band but she said to only stretch a couple of times and only til I feel a slight pull so I can start stretching them a bit. I am also continuing my Celebrex to help with the inflammation since they gave me enough for 3 months. I normally get a shot of cortisone when I have bursitis this severe but I know I can't until at least 12 weeks so I don't risk an infection. I am considering going to outpt PT because I am stuck at 95 flexion plus with all the sore areas I am thinking I need a bit of help to get past this point. Any advise would be appreciated before I do something I might wish I hadn't. Just wanted to run this past others to get their thoughts on them. I just don't think walking alone is going to loosen these areas.
Last edited:
United States

“
“
