Recent content by Musicteacher

  1. Musicteacher

    THR Musicteacher is singing on the other side!

    2 weeks post op and things are going well. I am getting about on crutches, up and down the stairs, able to help in the kitchen a bit! I am sleeping ok and have no pain, just some tightness in the quad muscle but I am doing my exercises and see the physio in a couple of weeks. Quick question - is...
  2. Musicteacher

    THR Hi I'm new

    I know what you mean about the quad muscle although it seems to ease a little each day. I overdid things a bit yesterday as I felt good and woke in the night really achy!! Feel ok now but will take it a bit easier today.
  3. Musicteacher

    THR Hi I'm new

    very small world! I have heard of Mr Kutty I think he operates at Princess Alexandra too. Lucky you to be at the Rivers!!! Hope you continue to improve - we can compare.
  4. Musicteacher

    THR Hi I'm new

    Hi - you seem to be doing fine with the exercise! I am doing stretches and walking but am not going outside much! I am in Brentwood - where are you? I had my operation in Harlow at the princess Alexandra with a consultant called Mr Aldam who has been brilliant. I saw Josephine had put she...
  5. Musicteacher

    THR Hi I'm new

    Hi maislow I am near you in terms of operation date and age and in the UK. I too am doing exercises and becoming fairly mobile although I am finding the more I do the stiffer I am the next day! Let us know how you are doing and we can compare recovery. I am in essex.
  6. Musicteacher

    THR Musicteacher is singing on the other side!

    Hi and sorry this has taken so long. I am one week post op and here is my journey so far. The operation went well - had a spinal with light ga and don't remember anything from them laying me down after the injection to waking in the recovery room at about 12.30. I had no pain and felt good...
  7. Musicteacher

    THR All done and home!

    Hi great to hear you are home and doing ok even with a little set back! Take it easy and let yourself recover fully.
  8. Musicteacher

    Total hip replacement booked 13 august 2013 :(

    Hi Leanne Wishing you all the best tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and look forward to hearing your recovery journey. Really hope I join you on Thursday!
  9. Musicteacher

    Total hip replacement booked 13 august 2013 :(

    Hi - I have sent you a PM. Hope it gets to you. Good luck for 13th I will be thinking of you.
  10. Musicteacher

    Total hip replacement booked 13 august 2013 :(

    Hi leanne83. I too had perthes as a child in my left and then right hip. I am having surgery on 15th August although I was due to have it done on 25th July - no beds! I am so glad to be able to talk to someone with the same condition! I would love to talk to you about how you manage day to...
  11. Musicteacher

    August Hot Shots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In August?

    I am going to cautiously add myself as an August hot shot and join the list! My new date is 15th August.
  12. Musicteacher

    THR fiddletwist is done!

    Hi fiddle twist So great you are done and I wish you well with your recovery. Thanks for your kind words. I hope I am not too far behind you.
  13. Musicteacher

    First hip replacement coming up and terrified..

    Hi all and thanks for all your thoughts. Ok I am on again for 15th August. I feel ok. It is not a perfect time with work but I have to realise this is something I cannot control to the extent I thought I could. Red shoe - I don't know about your hospital but the system at my hospital means...
  14. Musicteacher

    First hip replacement coming up and terrified..

    I did not get to speak to the surgeon. I thought his secretary would call me today and perhaps she did - I just wanted to enjoy an ordinary day in this lovely weather we are having, so spent the day on the beach. Since the kids have broken up for the summer all I have done is organise this...
  15. Musicteacher

    First hip replacement coming up and terrified..

    Well I couldn't have predicted this. I got to the hospital at 7, had the usual tests, got changed and waited in the same day admission unit. At 11.30 they took me into a side room, and told me that there were no beds and the operation could not go ahead. I was distraught to say the least...
Back
Top Bottom