Recent content by murphie2

  1. murphie2

    Ice machine

    Hi. I am 6 days post op RTKR and my OS set me up with a Vascutherm unit. It is iceless and circulates a cooling solution at 48deg. 45 minutes on and 15 minutes off automatic cycle. It also supplies light compression. I use it basically round the clock and love it I have medicare and BLue...
  2. murphie2

    One day anxious, the next excited

    Yep, one day I can't wait and the next I consider running off (if I could run that is). The folks on this forum have saved my sanity and I have come to accept that these feelings are normal and absolutely temporary. So we will just hang in there together. RTKR 1 Dec and LTKR scheduled for 7...
  3. murphie2

    Anyone have both knees done in one year?

    I saw my OS Monday for my pre op meeting. He is a pretty conservative guy but when I asked when I could have the other knee done he said three months. And I am now set to go. RTKR 1 December and LTKR March 7th. So if he is happy with that schedule than I am very comfortable with it. This is...
  4. murphie2

    LTKR in December

    Hi Rosieglasses -- I am right there with you. 1 Dec for my RTKR and 7 March for the left. And, like you, I go from excitement to anxiety a couple of times a day :) I to have friends that have had TKR's. One of them has had both done. The great news is each of them had an overall positive...
  5. murphie2

    TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

    Wow. What a beacon of hope you are. My Rtkr is 1 Dec. and your progress and great attitude have inspired me and given me hope. I want to be just like you!! Except for your hospital room mate that is. ☺️
  6. murphie2

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    Hope things are going better today. Your words and sharing mean a LOT to me with my upcoming RTKR 1 Dec. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thanks again and keep us posted!
  7. murphie2

    RTKR scheduled for 1 Dec. and a little freaked out.

    Ok, we are set to jet for the right TKR. Just got back from my primary care Doc and he gave me the green light. Next step is the preop appointment with my OS Monday. Thanks to all of you I will have some good strategies to discuss with him, the anesthesiologist, and the nursing crew regarding...
  8. murphie2

    RTKR scheduled for 1 Dec. and a little freaked out.

    I cant begin to tell you how much your replies and support have meant to me. Its still an emotional roller coaster but I am feeling much more positive and at times almost eager. I see my primary care doc tomorrow for my preop physical results and then my OS Monday for his pre op apt. I am...
  9. murphie2

    RTKR scheduled for 1 Dec. and a little freaked out.

    YIKES. I must have been in bad shape when I registered and posted I managed to somehow check "female". I am back to being a guy now :-)
  10. murphie2

    RTKR scheduled for 1 Dec. and a little freaked out.

    Thanks. Today is better. I am starting to feel eager to get this show on the road :)
  11. murphie2

    2015 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    1 Dec is my go date for RTKR. A little excited and a lot anxious. Thanks to all of you I dont feel alone. I will be glad to get this show on the road!
  12. murphie2

    RTKR scheduled for 1 Dec. and a little freaked out.

    Thank you so much for the reply. I just had to talk to someone. My spouse is great but she had NO anxiety or worry before hips. I wish I was as positive as she is. And she is my inspiration. I just "ain't " there yet :-) And yes, just the short time I have spent here has made me feel better...
  13. murphie2

    RTKR scheduled for 1 Dec. and a little freaked out.

    Ok, this is my first post on a forum so bear with me. Saw the Ortho in Aug and after exam and xrays it was bone on bone from osteo in both knees. He and my primary care doc said TKR was the ticket. I know and trust them both completely so I believe them when they say anything else was just...
Back
Top Bottom