Recent content by mtcwp

  1. M

    TKR Very tight knee after 8 months

    After 2 + years the time has come for a knee revision .... a new doctor will hopefully bring better results ... I am having my revision surgery this coming Wednesday ,,, the new surgeon said my first doctor didn't put a large enough spacer between the 2 prosthetic's which left my knee unstable...
  2. M

    Revision TKR 16 Months Post TKR

    James ... I am looking forward to hearing about your journey .... I am 14 months in but while not having the pain that I used to have my knee remains to be a work in progress .... I had 2 second opinions with doctors in the same group so although they took the Hippocratic oath ... I am suspect...
  3. M

    TKR TKRrecovery

    Hello Orbit ... my 1 year left TKR is approaching December 7, 2024 ... and it's been a long year. At this stage, I would say I am 90 % recovered. The pain is gone for the most part but the stiffness remains. My range of motion is great ... 130-135 degree bend. I'm on the Peloton 3 times a week...
  4. M

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    I am almost 11 months out (Nov 7) and I too am experiencing what you are ... my knee feels like it's wrapped in a very tight ace bandage and I am still uncomfortable especially when I walk. ... the good news is the nerve pain is gone but it still feels foreign which is disappointing. My range is...
  5. M

    TKR Very tight knee after 8 months

    That’s basically what the Mymotion device is But at this stage I’ll try anything new
  6. M

    TKR Very tight knee after 8 months

    The creams were zero help frankly For the record, I also had ... - I had an Aspiration done (draining the fluid) and checked for infection - negative nor helpful - I had an EMG nerve test which showed neuropathy in both legs but nothing that would make me experience such pain. - I had laser...
  7. M

    TKR Very tight knee after 8 months

    When speaking to others about their TKR, the common census was that they all mentioned one day out of no where, they did not have pain .... so i guess that's what I am hoping for ... every night .. but I won't chase for a few weeks and see how that works.
  8. M

    TKR Very tight knee after 8 months

    i do still ice but certainly not as much as i use to .. ill try icing again before bed
  9. M

    TKR Very tight knee after 8 months

    Thank you for your help and guidance ... I'm getting very depressed having been out of commission for so long. But noting your advice that it will take a year + for the tightness to go away gives me some solace and that I'm not alone. As for the otc pain meds ... I start with a natural...
  10. M

    TKR Very tight knee after 8 months

    Good day, all, I am now in month number 8 for my TLK replacement (surgery Dec 7, 2023). I am 64 and in decent health. While I am not in pain when I walk, the first 10 steps are with a limp. The more I walk, the less I limp. However, I'm curious if anyone else at this stage of their recovery...
  11. M

    TKR Anyone in their 40s had TKR?

    It is almost 8 months after a left tkr and I'm 64. My knee still feels tight but I have a 125-135 degree bend ... the i-band (from your hip to your knee) is the hardest thing for me to get through. I was supposed to have my right knee done but NFW! My Doctor says I'm one of those 2%'er where...
  12. M

    TKR Still on crutches 9 weeks after TKR

    I assume you are talking about walking aids ... if so ... I used a walker for 3-4 weeks and a cane for about a month there after. I still hobble around for the 1st 10 steps .. and then I get my gate and walk pretty well. I guess i can walk about a mile with little effort. I see you are a golfer...
  13. M

    TKR Still on crutches 9 weeks after TKR

    MC Knee ... tomorrow will be my 6th month anniversary since my LTKR ... it's been a long road and I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Its been a long and depressing road ... as after talking to others who had TKR and were playing golf in 10 weeks. I was one of the 2%'ers ...
  14. M

    Revision TKR May 9 2024 Revision TKR - again

    always stay ahead of the pain ...don't be a hero .. you will not get addicted
  15. M

    TKR Kiwicurls TKR 27 Feb 2024

    The best advice (unfortunately after my surgery) was from someone who had a double knee replacement to learn how to sleep on your back. FYI im almost 6 months in and still waking up in pain ... its getting better .. but very very very slowly
Back
Top Bottom