Recent content by MSuki

  1. MSuki

    MUA Excessive Knee Stiffness post TKR

    I had the exact same thought when reading your post as others - it’s way too early to make any predictions about your final outcome. After your MUA you basically started over on soft tissue healing. Give your knee some TLC to get any swelling down and let it heal.
  2. MSuki

    TKR MSuki’s Fabulous Recovery Journey

    Thanks @Susie-Q - probably not everyone I told about it understood how excited I was but I know this group did. I also think it is a good example of healing vs exercise. While it is true that my quads and glutes can use some work, it was a soft tissue healing issue that was stopping me from...
  3. MSuki

    TKR MSuki’s Fabulous Recovery Journey

    Very exciting…..next step will be to get my balance good enough that I don’t feel the need to hold the handrail. Although next week will be a light week since I’m having that cataract surgery on Tuesday.
  4. MSuki

    TKR Right Knee Total Replacement

    On the exercises, you don’t need to feel like you have to do a certain amount in a certain time frame or something bad will happen. You will want to do some of the basics but in reality most of your progress in the early days is healing, not from exercise. Read the articles and do some basics...
  5. MSuki

    PKR 7 years, 9 doctors, and 6 hour drive

    There is something to be said for getting this done AFTER getting to a point where you feel you can’t live with it any more. I was in a fair amount of pain before surgery, and really struggled with walking the last year. There have been plenty of times I wished I had done it sooner, but I have...
  6. MSuki

    TKR ONE DOWN ONE TO GO

    Let us know what they say. Hopefully it’s something that just needs TLC and ice.
  7. MSuki

    TKR Almost four months not walking well

    I haven’t walked two miles all at once yet either. The first time I walked over a mile was my airport ordeal last month with my almost 20 lb backpack, cpap machine, and purse. It took me about 3 weeks to get over that. Similar to selketine I was not able to walk much at all before surgery...
  8. MSuki

    TKR TRKR 10/13/23 - Moving Forward with Many Detours

    No worries on the recommendation, I have not had any side effects but have used it sparingly just a few times. Interestingly the one I bought also has arnica in it. Good luck with the job hunting. I will join @sistersinhim in praying for you to be led to the job that will be best for you...
  9. MSuki

    TKR RTKR December 12

    I remember you saying you wanted to be able to walk and hike again, I have the same goals, and now that knee number two is healing, they are becoming more real every week. Just this week I had an appt with my primary care dr who is officed next to a hospital, and there is never nearby parking...
  10. MSuki

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    Working on that action hero vibe I see… Great picture, beautiful sky but what I really love is the water. Found out this summer one of my grandsons shares that with me. My husband doesn’t understand it, but even though I could barely walk, my grandson and I were way out in the water (with my...
  11. MSuki

    TKR TKR … 3 weeks

    I had a lot of nausea with my first knee and a little with the second - my doctor gave me a short dose of nausea medicine and when I kept asking for a refill he changed some of my meds. In my case it wasn’t the pain medicine. I would definitely talk to them about it and see if they can give...
  12. MSuki

    PKR Left PKR Yesterday

    Hope you can take a well deserved break after all that. I‘m sure it was difficult and stressful as well as hard physically.
  13. MSuki

    TKR MSuki’s Fabulous Recovery Journey

    Drumroll………major milestone!!!!! I have been working, sitting at computer much of the day, and not paying a lot of attention to my knee other than trying to get up once in a while and icing to combat the stiffness after sitting in one position too long. I did do a few step ups last week on a...
  14. MSuki

    Download a thread

    Is there a way to print or download my surgery thread? I'd like to have a copy if possible to put into my Day One journal. Thanks!
  15. MSuki

    PKR pmoskie's recovery thread

    You might try taking a day or two to experiment with walking less - like only the amount to do regular activities and not going out to walk a longer distance. Then see if you feel better. If so you are overdoing the walking and can work back up more gradually . Same for any exercises you are...
Back
Top Bottom