TKR RTKR December 12

They told me I couldn't get in a pool until 3 months
My surgeon advised the same. He was a real stickler about it. No pools, lakes, hot tubs, baths...none of it. There are about a "handful" :heehee: of others, and that's about it, that I've read here were cautioned the same. Felt a bit extreme to me. LittleBit's right as it has to do with complete healing / lowering infection risk.

Week 11 Check-in - I am doing 30 min. to an hour 6 days a week of swimming or isometric exercises. For the first time today, I went walking outside in my neighborhood for half an hour. My surgical knee was fine and ready for more while the non-surgical leftie was giving me some bit of pain but not as much as before I had the other knee replaced. Rightie must be taking on more of the load. This past weekend, I spent two afternoons at the pool with my 7-yr-old grandson, swimming or water walking for at least an hour each time. My knee hurts sometimes, but sometimes I almost forget that I had surgery. All in all, I am feeling very hopeful for the future. I can't run, but I'm surely walking better.

Wonderful update, @LittleBit! Glad to read that you are coming along so well.

Great progress, LittleBit. Slowly getting back to normal and all the activity you love. :yahoo:
Enjoy!
@LittleBit

The kind of update that does our spirits good! :loveshwr:

Happy Three Month Anniversary! I hope you continue to do well and enjoy your pool time. :swim:
Have a wonderful rest of the week! :SUNsmile:
@LittleBit

Layla - Thanks for the anniversary greeting! I love my new knee! I hope someone on the site who is going through a tough time in the early days can read this and it gives them hope that things will get better. I can't do everything yet, but the relief from pain at every step the way it was before my surgery makes me grateful. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to doing it again with my other knee in January 2025.

That 's great news!!!:flwrysmile:

You are welcome!
Wonderful newsl Thanks for sharing your journey here and for those words of encouragement to others. It is understandable that you are looking forward to the relief you’re enjoying after your Right TKR in regard to your left knee. I’m betting Summer 2024 will be a memorable one. :SUNsmile: Enjoy the weekend!
@LittleBit

I can't do everything yet, but the relief from pain at every step the way it was before my surgery makes me grateful. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to doing it again with my other knee in January 2025.
I remember you saying you wanted to be able to walk and hike again, I have the same goals, and now that knee number two is healing, they are becoming more real every week. Just this week I had an appt with my primary care dr who is officed next to a hospital, and there is never nearby parking. It was such a good feeling to walk about a block from my car to the door and not have pain with every step! I think you’ll do even better the second time around.

What a good recovery and attitude you have. These knees recover at their own dear time and there is nothing we can do to speed them up. Having a knee that allows us to do the things we strive to do is why we have this surgery and you are doing that!

Three cheers to you, @LittleBit :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

So glad your knee is healing and improving so well. How well I also remember those days of walking and realizing I'm not in pain like I once was. It's awesome!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kneelythere
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom