Recent content by Mrty2019

  1. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    @LaJudes I have never spoken to anyone who used a recumbent. I will keep that in mind. Thx
  2. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    @Roy Gardiner Followed your suggestions scooting around the neighborhood a few feet at a time and only one neighbor came out to see what was going on. I am back to riding my bike without panic attacks. I do put my leg down to make a 90 degree turn to join another trail and go down a steep hill...
  3. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    After reading your horror story, I checked my bike over this morning making sure my brakes and all were properly connected. Sounds like your your knee joint held. Like you, I ride on asphalt paved bike trails. Also I am ringing my bell and calling out to pass earlier than usual. Last...
  4. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    @sistersinhim what a terrible story and my worst fear - falling. I hope you are ok. I had my bike serviced so it would be all ready for me post TKR. I should have just waited.
  5. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    @Roy Gardiner Good to know. Will look for another bike shop. Thx
  6. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    @Roy Gardiner I followed you advice and took very short 20 ft rides yesterday with many start and stops. I visualized my favorite 5 mile ride and today I rode it with lots of stops in the beginning. Thx
  7. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    Ok thanks!
  8. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    If this problem persists, I will look for one. I sit on my bike in the garage and visualize all the great rides I have had.
  9. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    @Roy Gardiner Yes when I got back on my bike in the spring I focused on how my knee(s) were doing. When I started my usual 5 mile ride I became fearful. I shouldn’t have had my bike serviced. My brakes are new and grabby plus I didn’t realize they had raised my seat probably to test drive...
  10. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    @Roy Gardiner Appreciate your input. I love to ride and will do as you suggest. Thx
  11. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    Thanks for the good advice. I know sitting on the sofa has its own risks. And yes I always wear a helmet.
  12. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    Funny - I have had the same problem on which leg to put down. To complicate matters, I had my bike serviced and they replaced the brake pads and they are grabby compared to how they were before. My legs both feel good biking. It seems to stretch my knees out. I am going to take a break for...
  13. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    Bonesmart Bikers: I started riding my bike short distances this spring and my latest TKR felt good. However, starting longer rides I have run into an odd problem that I think is caused by thinking too much. I fear that I will wreck my bike and damage my knees which has made it impossible for...
  14. Mrty2019

    TKR 2nd knee, 2nd recovery

    @Sara61 Just stopped in to see how everyone is doing and read your latest posts. So sorry to hear about all your troubles. Sounds like a bakers cyst then a fall, lots of pain and your can't bend your leg without using your hands to help. You were so close to me on surgical dates that I used...
  15. Mrty2019

    TKR On The Recovery Side

    @Sara61 walking on uneven ground is difficult. I am sticking with flat even paths for walking. Last weekend I walked a path with a steep downhill grade and I felt it and will avoid that path for now.
Back
Top Bottom