Recent content by Mrs. Vexil

  1. Mrs. Vexil

    Terrified spouse

    Hello! Four weeks and two days since the surgery. Terrified spouse is now overprotective spouse. But he's gradually easing off. Getting around with a cane as needed, but mostly don't need it around the house. I slept really well the first three weeks after surgery, I suppose the post surgery...
  2. Mrs. Vexil

    Not-as-terrified spouse post-op

    Hi everyone, I came home after one night in the hospital and feel pretty good. Husband is relieved but still somewhat anxious about all the parts that make up recovery. First physical therapy appointment tomorrow. The only strange thing that happened was uncontrollable shivers both before and...
  3. Mrs. Vexil

    Terrified spouse

    Thanks all, yes my two main caretakers (husband and sister) are very emotional people and are increasingly getting more and more wound up. At this point all I can do is manage my own nerves. All I can hope is that I DO have a healthy positive attitude and am not in deep denial about...
  4. Mrs. Vexil

    One week away and second guessing...

    Yes exactly one week from today for me too @BoyMom Here I am sitting in my cube at work just like it's any other Monday. I am really ready, at some point in bed last night I awoke to find I was on my side with my knees bent and my right hip literally didn't have the power to turn me the way I...
  5. Mrs. Vexil

    Terrified spouse

    Hello all, my surgery date is in less than two weeks. Urged my husband to read the materials the med center sent me, before my pre-op appt. and class this Thursday so if he has any questions I can ask them then. He finally told me he's not going to read the materials because it will just...
  6. Mrs. Vexil

    2017 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    @BoyMom and @Stonewall --yes it will be a great way to start the week, November 6! I'm naturally fidgety and am having a hard time getting comfortable as the days go by. I'm looking forward to the relief too. Working till the Friday before and feel like I've got a hundred things to do beforehand.
  7. Mrs. Vexil

    2017 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    RTHR scheduled for Monday November 6. My older sister did it three years ago so she's been advising. And I've been lurking in these forums a few weeks!
Back
Top Bottom