Recent content by Monkeyknee

  1. Monkeyknee

    TKR 8 Month Update

    Did the tape work? I am a little over six weeks out and still pretty swolen. My OS was not concerned about the swelling and said it was normal for the first few months.
  2. Monkeyknee

    TKR On the road to recovery

    11/07/2014 update - I am so thankful for this website in that it helps me to realize that this recovery is a marathon. I seem to take 1 step forward and then 2 steps back. My knee was extra angry yesterday, stiff and swollen. I left work early to go home and take some of the strong stuff (2 x...
  3. Monkeyknee

    TKR 8 Month Update

    My guess would be that you will probably have enough strength and ROM to use the clutch at about 3 weeks out. You really only need to use the clutch when you are starting out from a stop after that you can do the NASCAR style clutch-less shift...
  4. Monkeyknee

    TKR On the road to recovery

    @skigirl I had already set up a box under my desk. I dont really have to sneak anything in, my office family is really supportive. I think i will take one of my cryocuffs so I can ice while I am working. Thanks
  5. Monkeyknee

    TKR On the road to recovery

    @skigirl - yes even though i have a sedentary desk job, i am definitely fatigued at the end of the day. @lunula - definitely not Superman, when i get home, i lay on my back and cry, lol. I lay on my back and prop my foot up on a big 75 cm exercise ball and ice, ice baby. That provides almost...
  6. Monkeyknee

    TKR On the road to recovery

    @kneeper - yes, i always try to time taking 2 Norco 30 minutes before bed but sometimes when I take it I cannot fall asleep
  7. Monkeyknee

    TKR On the road to recovery

    Staples out yesterday. The removal of a few of them created a few drops of blood and I had a vasovagal response. Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building, lol. That left me a little fatigued yesterday afternoon but I have taken 1 step forward today and I am back at work today. Pain...
  8. Monkeyknee

    TKR On the road to recovery

    Here comes the breakthrough pain as th block is wearing off. Waiting for PCA of morphine
  9. Monkeyknee

    TKR On the road to recovery

    Just got back from 1 hour of PT at the hospital gym, feeling good the nerve block is starting wear off
  10. Monkeyknee

    LTKR scheduled for October 8th

    @Clipless That is Colorado. That is actually a photo of a friend of mine that lives there. I think that was from a race at the Old Pueblo Race course from quite few years ago. I can't wait to get back on the bike but I may have to wait a few weeks to do that, lol
  11. Monkeyknee

    TKR On the road to recovery

    all done. No problems with the procedure. Recoverring in my room.
  12. Monkeyknee

    LTKR scheduled for October 8th

    Is it normal to have edema in the ankle and foot on the same side as your bad knee?
  13. Monkeyknee

    Knee Replacement Doctor to have Total Arthroplasty

    Do you mind telling me who did your TKA's? I read your post about the quad sparing surgery. Thanks, Gil
  14. Monkeyknee

    LTKR scheduled for October 8th

    Thanks to all for the warm welcome. My OS said that he likes to wait 4-6 weeks after a steroid injection to have surgery so that is why I am waiting until October. I have a pre-op visit with him next week and I will bring my 2 page list of questions from BS. My knee has felt pretty good for...
  15. Monkeyknee

    2014 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    LTKR scheduled for 08 October 2014
Back
Top Bottom