Recent content by momof9

  1. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    4 months, thank you. I knew when I wrote it it seemed unmemorable, 4 weeks. I'm taking 1 or 2 Tylenol with codiene 300/30. So 2 puts me at 600 Tylenol for one doze. Regarding anesthesia, we had agreed that I'd be awake and aware of the spinal, all the people in the room, the table, that I'd...
  2. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    Ok, I'm up late and hurting. The Tylenol with codeine isn't helping. Well, maybe I can take 3, but that puts me at 900 for Tylenol at once. I take trazadone so there is a warning with Tramadol, a serotonin issue. But I don't know if that is a better choice. I feel abnormal for thinking I...
  3. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    Thanks @Josephine I am a little worried, I hurt more than I did a week after surgery. I'm not really doing more because the psoas is flaring up when I walk. He said that muscle in an anterior approach is retracted too so it commonly hurts. But I hurt, even sitting. I'll be 4 weeks in Monday...
  4. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    back from the surgeon, my incision may be infected, the one spot, he was able to get more ooze out, took a culture, did blood work, think that it's where the knot was, the material isn't dissolving, especially at the ends where the knots are. He said I hurt a lot more than expected, the psoas...
  5. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    Yes, only one week off. You gave me a great idea! My husband could pack that cooler, one for the drive, the one closest to the hard frozen one for drive back and then the little ones. I didn't want to use work's frig because I'm scared I'll forget them. They are expensive for us. I want and...
  6. momof9

    THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

    I joined you and quit PT this week :)
  7. momof9

    THR Depression...Surgery 7/2/18

    I have the surgery date and and side. I don't know if we share the same approach. Anyway I'm super happy you had some goodness. For me, the surgery had some very dark pieces, so the good shines brighter than before.
  8. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    This is 3 weeks today post op, my first day back in the office. I made counseling calls the last 2 weeks, so I walked 2.5k steps. Prior to surgery I would be thinking I was going to die, heart give out, short of breath, sweating. I was bone on bone like a lot of you. My left hip I'm going to...
  9. momof9

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    I thought they'd kill me with the bags of fluid they continued to pump into me for the full post op day. When I first stood up to go the bathroom the afternoon after surgery, I peed all over myself, had to get pads for the first 2 days, and then sitting on toilet would take forever to go. From...
  10. momof9

    THR Metal & Cement

    I'm only writing because I was ahead of the curve, then got sidelined with serious groin pain, Josephine later identified it may be psoas and PT and my agenda aggravated it The pain ended up being worse than pre surgery, I stayed nearly immobile for a week. Then I went back to PT, and Thursday...
  11. momof9

    THR Could Really Use Some Help<

    My dr rx a generous supply of zofran automatically. I needed it constantly the first two weeks as I was taking the narcotics at the correct dose, on time. In my experience, pain had caused nausea too.
  12. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    One last picture after a shower, a number of oozy spots, I know, not a big deal, but upsetting, I tried to warn him how poorly my skin heals, and maybe that wouldn't matter, maybe no one could have done better.
  13. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    Thanks, I think that little thing will make me feel better. I good scrub down. I am going to treat myself and give myself a nice facial, lots of flaky skin, stress... pamper myself. We're working out a better way of having super cold ice packs available more often. Smaller cooler, just big...
  14. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    Oh, yes, trochanter! I have had issues on both hips for 20 years on and off, each has had multiple injections for the bursa. thanks @Josephine ! The only thing in his defense is every surgery I've ever had, I had ugly scars after - I think my skin doesn't heal well - and in this area, I had a...
  15. momof9

    THR momof9 whining<

    Overreacting, but it's a PTSD thing, PT hurt, probably the psoas - inner groin, thank you @Josephine for providing that link, so I'm cancelling all the rest of my appts. It's such a sharp pain. The tronchar is more dull and easier to live with. But the overreacting, I was supposed to see my...
Back
Top Bottom