Recent content by momof3

  1. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    Quick update: Had my 6 week follow up, not that it was bad but really just felt os couldnt be bothered. He had me walk across room said things looked good but might want to get a lift gor non op side they seem to be almost a half inch off. Which is kind of funny cause my op leg has been shorter...
  2. momof3

    THR IT Band Damage (a Mess)

    So many good points and views on this thread. Having a THR at a young age of 34 was not something I ever wanted. I was told 8 years ago that it was so worn from being born with a dislocated hip that it just wore out and there was nothing they could do but a THR. And at the time I also thought...
  3. momof3

    Arcee is here! We made it!

    Hi Arcee hope you are doing well.
  4. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    im actually doing very well thank you for asking BarbaraR im walking only with a cane have been venturing outside alot more dont get me wrong i know i still have alot more to do and thanks to my pt who is so encouraging i feel good about the recovery path im on right now.
  5. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    Josephine i was wondering if the incision is warm to the touch if that means an infection? Its not red or any more swollen than it was also no drainage but at the to of the incision it feels warm to the touch.
  6. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    Had a good couple of days and now im so sore. Time for some resting and ice, tomorrow will have to be a relaxing day to. But it did feel good to get out and to cook dinner, iam one who truly likes to cook and loves to bake. Which my goal for this weekend is to make a cheesecake.
  7. momof3

    THR slightly worried and could really do with some advice.

    I find that each time you venture outside it gets a little easier. The first time I left my house I was a wreck trying to get into my car and walking on the uneven ground, now I try to get out every couple days even though most of the time its just to take a quick ride somewhere. Gas is a little...
  8. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    3 weeks today, feeling pretty good most of the time. Still a little sore in the muscles and a little moody sometimes. But 2 weeks ago when I was told Id be walking with a cane most of the time around the 3 week mark I thought they were all crazy, and now I have been walking with only the cane...
  9. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    put jeans on for the first time in 3 weeks, felt normal for a little bit. back in my pjs with some ice, its amazing how much a quick outing wears you out.
  10. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    totally off subject...watching jon bon jovi on katie for an hour has made my day! Love JBJ
  11. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    last post was suppose to say at sandy beach, i give you alot of praise also for having a 2nd thr so soon. you are one brave lady.
  12. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    I'm actually doing very well with the tylenol only, my pain level only goes to a 2-3 and thats during pt when we try straight leg raises. But I love my lady who comes for pt shes so understanding and gives so much praise. I think i'll be on a cane for awhile so I guess i'll have to get over my...
  13. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    Used a cane with pt today it went pretty well, also walked up and down my stairs with pt all 14 of them which was also pretty good. And now I know my teenage daughter def needs to clean her room before going anywhere this weekend. She will be so happy to learn I went up the stairs today, the...
  14. momof3

    THR Loving recovery....said no one ever

    Glad to see swelling is gone. On another note I had my os appt. today to remove staples and xrays. Glad the staples are out, and he said everything looks good. But then wanted to know why i wasnt walking without a walker, when i told him the muscle was still weak, he was like you need to...
  15. momof3

    THR slightly worried and could really do with some advice.

    hi fwizzi, i have 3 kids, 17, 8,& 4. they r all being very understanding my little one is always willing to help with anything shes a little mother hen, lol. thankfully i have alot of help from my husband and family when hes working. I see on here that people of all ages have a hip replacement...
Back
Top Bottom