Recent content by momkellz

  1. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    Hello all, I am over 4 months out. and things are going well and slower than I would like. But I have to say in the last week my big success is that I can kneel!!! okay not super easy and it is still uncomfortable, but not unbearable pain either which is huge. I will be camping this...
  2. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    @Jamie @Celle and @referee54 thanks for your input. I am 11 weeks today and tomorrow is a week since I returned to work. and they are taking it easy on me. So I am getting use to getting up and going on these cold crappy mornings. Today we were covered in ice. LOL I have been a...
  3. momkellz

    TKR Roller Coaster Ride Number 2

    wow Great Progress!!! and happy news for your Happy Birthday!!!
  4. momkellz

    TKR Roller Coaster Ride Number 2

    Hello to my knee twin! Yay sounds like you are doing well with your PT. Remember going all the way around on the bike... always a milestone! One little set back and you PT person should go easy today so you will be back on schedule soon. I am headed back to work hopefully the middle of...
  5. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    Can anyone who has had both a hip and I knee replacement if the cold bothers the knee more than the hip? We had a cold snap and yesterday I felt like I was set back weeks! because I was in so much pain when I got up but unlike most morning as I got busy the discomfort didn't resolve...
  6. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    tomorrow is 7 weeks! I got hit with a serious Respiratory virus that was going around, that put me down for 3 days! Hips and knees don't stop me much .. but this virus sure did. Went back for PT and in two visits I was released. Not sure how I feel about it. but because I have full...
  7. momkellz

    TKR Roller Coaster Ride Number 2

    awesome progress! I also feel a hard lump on my new hip side. sometimes it really is uncomfortable to lay on that side but not always. A few days after my post I was sidelined with a respiratory virus going around. Flat on my back for 3 days. looking forward I have strength to gain...
  8. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    Can not believe I am 5 weeks and a day out! Wow and doing more each and everyday. Standing for long periods and fatigue are still my biggest challenges to. My range of motion is 126 and 0 so I am pretty good there. And OMG I actually have been on my knees 3 times now. had to do it, but...
  9. momkellz

    TKR Roller Coaster Ride Number 2

    Hi Knee twin ( @mystikfairy61 ) took me a while to find your thread....lol but I have been distracted with Holiday Preparations and family. My Daughter and her Boyfriend's birthdays were Sunday and Monday! and keeping up with family and friends during this time of year is a lot. And...
  10. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    Hi kneetwin! good to hear from you. Awesome no bruising!!! Wow! you must have good blood! I looked bad and still have sensitive areas where the bruising is. the short shocks you are feeling are the nerves healing. You likely have numb areas around the knee and incision as the...
  11. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    I promise not to do too much. you are right too much only sets you back. Thanks for the reminder.
  12. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    @Katfin Thanks so much for getting back to me. The skin hurts still where the bruising is, even feels tender to hot water in the shower! but it isn't the source of the burning pain the pain seems to be inside about where the bones were cut. The therapist says it is because they cut the...
  13. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    Tomorrow is officially 3 weeks from my surgery! so I thought I would update my progress. Still tire easily and have burning pain with standing for more than a few minutes. I am waiting for the length of time to improve with out the burn... but other than that I am doing well. Flex is...
  14. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    First not to worry, you are welcome to hone in on my thread. And before I go to far, I am going to assume you are off narcotic pain meds. Because pain meds will make you sleepy and tired. BTW keep in mind that you are not even 2months out yet.. but if you are off of the pain meds.. and...
  15. momkellz

    TKR Momkellz Recovery Journal

    you all are amazing! Turkey Pot Pie was tonight.... NO leftovers!! and I made a big pot (6qts) I have a bigger pot.. but we are only feeding 5 of us. lol I don't know they kept eating....lol Also cooked the bones to make turkey stock, always good to have on hand... but that takes...
Back
Top Bottom