Recent content by Mom2Lucy

  1. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    Well! Here I am at three months post-op, funny how fast the time has gone by. Saw my surgeon today and he is very pleased with my recovery to date. Cleared to return to work, so I am starting in two days, but half-time for the first week. Then back to full time. The physio at the surgeon’s...
  2. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    Hi @benne68 thanks for thinking of me:) I think I am having a better recovery this time around, (compared to the other knee in 2018) overall there has been less pain and walking has been easier. I still find getting in and out of a vehicle challenging, so I limit how often I go out. I made a...
  3. Mom2Lucy

    TKR TKR 7th February 22

    Hi @Kimv63 , I have experienced more pain at the back of my knee this time around. The first couple of weeks it was really frustrating, but it has settled down considerably. I felt too like something was back there and sticking in. What has helped me the most is cutting back on activity and...
  4. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Vdoman65’s Recovery Journey

    Congratulations on getting your knee done! It does hurt, but at least this pain subsides with healing, unlike a continually eroding knee. Good news too, that the dental issues did not cause a delay!
  5. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Surgery in 48 hours / Worried about broken tooth

    Congratulations on getting your knee done! It does hurt, but at least this pain subsides with healing, unlike a continually eroding knee. Good news too, that the dental issues did not cause a delay!
  6. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    Well, I have made it through the first month post-op! The last few days have been really decent pain-wise, and I am hoping that will continue. I have not needed any oxycodone, and am managing with Tylenol Extra Strength plus Ibuprofen. Lots of icing and elevation too. An infrared heating pad has...
  7. Mom2Lucy

    TKR My Journey

    Glad your staples are out, Sue. I was so happy to have mine out! Seems like the knee feels better as soon as they’re gone:friends:
  8. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    Hi everyone, I have a question and hoping for some help…. I seem to be having a lot of muscle pain , not just over the left knee, but also in my right leg and lower back. I have a Costco (Kirkland) bottle of muscle relaxant. Each capsule contains 200 milligrams of Ibuprofen along with 500...
  9. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    Thanks @Roy Gardiner! :thankyou:
  10. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    @Scaredycat10 , Hi, I am using my walker, I hate crutches, lol. My walking has been within my apartment and occasional walks in my building’s hallways. I haven’t ventured out except for the day I had my staples removed. I have a set of walking poles , but I like the walker since it has a tray...
  11. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    Thanks @benne68 , I am trying to be more patient instead of frustrated, lol. By the way, my first TKR was October, but 2018. I do have an old thread somewhere from back then , but I haven’t found it. Is there a way you could find my old one and link it to this year’s ? Thanks:):flwrysmile:
  12. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    @Jockette , I think the swelling has increased , maybe more so internally. I was trying to do 2000 steps a day the last couple of days , not sure if that was a very good idea on my part. I think maybe I tried too soon. I wasn’t able to exercise much prior to the surgery, due to severe nerve...
  13. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    I seem to have had a setback , the knee has become so tight and sore on the outer left side…..bending is even tougher than it was before. I’m finding it so difficult to do a heel slide, etc. Nothing happened to cause this, so I am hoping it’s “just a phase” and will end soon. This Tuesday the...
  14. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    Hi everyone, today the pain has decided to hang out at the front and inner side of my knee. That’s made bending and even walking worse, but the positive is that I have finally been able to use my lounge doctor! :) And my surgeon kindly refilled my rx for oxycodone, although I am taking them...
  15. Mom2Lucy

    TKR Lounge Dr and mini peddlers

    Hi everyone, well I survived staple removal yesterday! I just dreaded that appointment, but the nurse I had kept up a conversation with me for distraction. After she was finished, the physiotherapist came in to check my range of motion, and my walking ability. My numbers were 83 and -6. She...
Back
Top Bottom