Recent content by Moka

  1. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    OH, I am sorry to hear that you too have had a time of it with pesky knee issues. Yes, deciding to go through with a revision was not easy and most likely my other knee will need it....But, one day, one knee at a time. Apparently there are some implants that are more designed for stability and...
  2. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Sorry for your setback but happy that you shared it with me. Yes, it helps to know that others have long setbacks but then get better. Thank you for sharing.
  3. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Thank you RaeRae. This was a lovely note you wrote and especially comforting in the ways that you live and access the same health providers that I do. I know of all the MDs you mentioned as I was a nurse at the infamous Mission for many years. I actually had 3 different surgeons for each of my...
  4. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Your advice and support is very helpful. Thank you!
  5. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Thank you Sistersinhim for your advice and support. Thank you for your sharing and support.
  6. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    I just wrote the above post minutes ago. How do I change the title on it? Thanks
  7. M

    Revision TKR LTK revision Feb 10, 2023

    bsassy, I am sorry you are going through these challenges. Here's a hug. But, I understand...I could have written your post. We are in very similar situations unfortunately and you'll see if you read the post I wrote earlier today. Like you, I have had three years of this crazy making...
  8. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Well, it has been 4 months since my last entry. In my last Dec. entry the plan was to have bilateral spacers put in. But the OS had issues with getting Conformis parts for my RTKA and suggested he do a full revision on my left (as that has been worse) with a more constraining implant and to...
  9. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Thank you Jockette and Ski Bum. I need to spend time studying how to use this site and respond to reply and post on others feeds. For now, this is my update: Saw a new surgeon yesterday and his assessment is that I have flexion laxity and lateral instability and wants to put in new spacers...
  10. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Hello All, My last posting was in July of 2021 two months after my second knee replacement. History: RTKR in May 2020 with a Conformis prosthesis LTKR in May 2021 with a Stryker prosthesis I would like to begin by saying how much I have appreciated Bone Smart and all who contribute. :thankyou...
  11. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Well, I have not posted since my last L TKR surgery on May 11, 2021. I have been to this site multiple times however over the last few months as it settles my nerves and gives me perspective! I am so grateful to this site and all of you who contribute your knowledge, experience and support...
  12. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Thank you! That was quick :)
  13. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Oh my, .....here goes....I followed the last recommendations you gave me in March but in April, because I was doing so much better, I tried to advance. So, at 11 months post op of my R knee replacement, I finally was coming around....meaning i reached a new level of exercise tolerance....so I...
  14. M

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    Hi, I am back. I am now 9 months post op from my TKR. My original post was last October but I had my TKR back in May 2020. When I posted 4-5 months out from my surgery I was concerned about the back of my knee being very tight with concerns of impingement. I still have some of that but it has...
  15. M

    Revision TKR 3+ months LK Revision

    Hi, I just read all your posts and responses. My heart goes out to you but I also have sympathy pains. I am 6 months out from a TKR and it has been very challenging..chasing my tail . And I also went through an allergic reaction...not to wasps (but I too am allergic to them) but to...
Back
Top Bottom