Recent content by mojoflojo

  1. mojoflojo

    Not feeling too "hip" these days!

    Surgery scheduled - December 9 Right THR For introduction, I am already a "veteran joint replacee." I had total bilateral knee replacement surgery done in September, 2013. So I kinda remember the drill, having fought the battle with eventful GREAT success. For the past two years, I have almost...
  2. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Today is the first anniversary of my BTKR. I have not been on the forum for quite some time, but I have been recovering fabulously! My husband and I have taken up camping in places with good hiking trails, and are currently working our way through the local parks. Yesterday we hiked 12 miles of...
  3. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Here are my scars a few days ago - uncovered and with swelling well under control.
  4. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Kinesio-tape: (I know it looks funny but you can hide scars with it!)
  5. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Thank you, Kathy - for you encouraging words and the beautiful photo! I will be praying for your continued successful recovery!
  6. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR I know this gets better, right?

    Just reading thru all of your posts - actually brought me to tears several times. Wish I lived up there and could give those "health care professionals" a piece of my mind! I so admire your humor and restraint thru this whole ordeal. So glad you are finally getting to go home, where you can take...
  7. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Passed up my one-month milestone just a coupla days ago - while vacationing in the Florida Glades and living in a tent! Well, it was only for three days and we did have a good, firm, 2-foot-tall air mattress to sleep on. The weather was ideally cool with only a few mosquitoes zirring about at...
  8. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    I have been told all through my life that icing should be done for no longer than 15 minutes per hour, so this has been my practice. Is this what one would call an "old wive's tale?" How long should I be icing at one time? What is the safe maximum? So far as elevation - I am doing this whevever...
  9. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Recovery day 18! Still seem to be moving in a positive direction, with no setbacks. Nights are still hell, but I understand this is pretty much to be expected since my OS straightened my legs. I see him in two days and will ask about muscle relaxers. Got staples out on Friday, replaced with...
  10. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Even though I have enjoyed measurable progress in these nine days of early recovery, the nights are still pretty mserable. Last night in particular. I understand the reasons for this, thanks largely to this forum. Amazing how much the surgeons and therapists don't know to tell us, because they...
  11. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Another victory - I have conquered the stairs!!! :egypdance:That is the three stairs going to the second level of my home where my proper bathing-room is. And once I reached that long-unseen and greatly missed place I took a shower- far more enjoyable than the "ho-baths" I had been taking up to...
  12. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Thank you, kneeper! A big part of the job lately is fighting the swelling. Just a shuffle into the kitchen can make the knees blow up like grapefruits. I have found that using a foam wedge to elevate my legs along with icing my knees combats even the worst cases of inflammation. Just this...
  13. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Day 5 of recovery and so far so good! Getting easier to get up and about; even took a short stroll about yard with my walker, my therapist and my husband. Using copious amounts of ice in between activities and swelling seems to be going down, although it remains my major complaint. If I were not...
  14. mojoflojo

    Bilateral TKR Got my retreads!

    Thank you guys! I am now on home turf. Absolutely exhausted from the 1\2 mile ride. I felt every bump in the road with excruciating clarity. Have already iced knees - will spend remainder of day "chilling." Later!
Back
Top Bottom