I had bi-lateral knee replacement on 10/16/18 and now over a year later the pain and tightness is still there. Both knees feel like there is nerve damage involved, also both ankles and feet. It is something I am just going to have to live with I guess but I am not a "happy camper".
I was in...
Update …. it's been 9 months since surgery and I feel like I have not improved much since 6 month point.
Still have pain in both knees and swelling. The numbness is just awful and goes down through my legs and feet. Both knees "crunch" something terrible everytime I get up from a standing...
I haven't been on in awhile and just posted my 6 months report. I looked for news from you as soon as I got on the board.
So glad to hear you are doing so well … and hubs too!
I am finally able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Still working on getting better though. Started going...
I had bilateral on 10/16/18 and am just now beginning to feel good. Still have some discomfort and knees are still numb feeling. I just started back for more PT after stopping in late Dec. Having some problems with hips now and I did not have that before knee surgery.
I asked my surgeon the...
Update … it's been 6 months since surgery!!
I am doing better but when I had my 6 month checkup with surgeon, I asked him about more PT. My hips have been bothering me and my left shoulder so he wrote an order.
I went to the PT on Friday and again today. They are mainly working on my hips at...
Back from the cruise and was able to manage even with the tightness and swelling. I iced a lot and rested a lot. We did not get off at the ports, just enjoyed the ship.
Sorry to say that my husband was sick the last day of the cruise and we saw a doctor when we got home and he has the flu...
Well today I am 18 wks. post op. I guess I am doing better every day but still have some issues. Both knees hurt when I return to a standing position. Feels like pulling on both sides (scar tissue). Knees are still numb and still having problems with both feet. There is numbness on top of...
I've ordered the Dr. Motion compression socks from Amazon. Hope they help! Are they hard to get on? My DH has to help me with most of my socks. Do you sleep in them?
Today is week 16!
I have had swelling, pain & stiffness for the last two weeks! I've tried icing and elevating and it does not seem to help. I do not do a lot so not sure why I have the swelling. Ankles are also swollen and when 5:00-6:00 p.m. rolls around I feel really bad and just look...
I don't tuck in covers either. It bends my toes down and puts pressure on my heels. I guess my knees will get used to the side sleeping and tossing and get better on their own. When I get sore or feel pain from side sleeping, I move back on my back and stretch my legs.
Just though of this …. I am tossing and turning in bed a lot and sleeping on both sides so maybe that has them aggravated. I am using a pillow between my knees.
Cannot think of anything that I did that would cause the swelling? Still swollen and ice does not seem to help. Just have to wait and see I guess. I may call the OS on Monday but I know they will just say ice and elevate.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.