Recent content by MissMoo

  1. MissMoo

    Hi..newbie here about to embark on the journey

    Hello and welcome @JMACCA :wave:. You get me first since I'm Down Under too :) First of all don't feel bad for a second about the route you've taken to get treatment. I went all around the houses for a couple of years, wasting money on physio and a money-grabbing chiro (not suggesting all...
  2. MissMoo

    Taking my time to jump in...

    Hi @CHD2015. My surgeon wasn't crazy about my intended sporting pursuits on my new hip either. I saw 4 surgeons before making my final decision and I couldn't have been happier with my choice. He was very pragmatic, understood that he could try to hamstring me with restrictions that I couldn't...
  3. MissMoo

    Exercise to avoid ?

    Hi @eddy 2. I had my hip replaced at the tender age of 41 due to osteoarthritis and there are others on here who opted for surgery even younger. I was diagnosed in my early 30s; I asked my surgeon "when will I need to have it replaced?" and he told me "you'll know when it's time"....and I did...
  4. MissMoo

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Funny how I only think to check in here when there's anything to report. I should be hanging around more often to offer some words of wisdom, but I'm not sure I have too many. So, not a peep out of me since April it would seem....I guess things have been going pretty well. Yes, they have! The...
  5. MissMoo

    THR A new and improved Cindy?<

    That's such a fantastic idea @Cindy99. Not only do you have some tools in your box, should a fall ever actually happen, but it will give you more peace of mind that a fall is something that you know how to deal with and so you can fear it less. But, still, the chances are good you'll stay...
  6. MissMoo

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    I haven't clapped eyes on my OS since my surgery. Not quite as remote as @Great Aunt Janet but I guess he still believes that trip from Canberra to Sydney is too much of a run for me. I did my 6 week check via a 5 minute phone call and my 12 week check, I sent him x-rays and he called me to tell...
  7. MissMoo

    THR A 39 year old's recovery

    @whiteshoecovers I'm very sorry to hear that its feeling so bad. Please keep us updated with the outcome of your visit to the OS. If you really feel that you're still having just the same symptoms, that doesn't sound right at all. Maybe @Josephine can offer some insights at this juncture.
  8. MissMoo

    THR A 39 year old's recovery

    Yes, @whiteshoecovers I don't know who confirmed that you have this weakness but, you are quite correct, the muscles largely responsible for hip abduction are the glute med and max. So in this case an exercise, such as the clamshell or glute bridge would assist with this issue. I know there is...
  9. MissMoo

    THR A 39 year old's recovery

    Hi there @whiteshoecovers. I know when I started walking outside with just a single crutch I became tremendously worried about my gait, feeling I was bobbing up and down on every stride. Posted on here about possible LLD and @Jaycey gave me a piece of advice that was an almost instant fix. She...
  10. MissMoo

    THR A new and improved Cindy?<

    Alive you may be...but hold off on the kicking for a few days :)
  11. MissMoo

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Hey @craftdee - great to hear from you :wave:Well I got myself worked up into such a stress over the weekend that I couldn't sleep Sunday night, so I took myself down to Emergency yesterday to have it x-rayed. Needless to say it was all ok in terms of bones and hardware:ok: (Lordy talk about...
  12. MissMoo

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    So I'm 5 months out of surgery now and still struggling with ups and downs. My acupuncture sessions had been fabulous in getting rid of this odd radiating pain down my leg but this week its back with a vengeance. Did some running last Friday but not a lot and on springy grass as advised by my...
  13. MissMoo

    THR Encouragement for a 34 year old male bilateral THR veteran

    Hi @Cedric. Good to see you're improving so much. I only just caught up with your thread and you were feeling a bit lost just one week out of surgery. Have you been able to get any relief from the back pain by using pillows to give your lumbar spine some extra support? I know if I sleep on my...
  14. MissMoo

    THR One Done for Fifi

    Hi @FiFi . Hopefully you're close to the other side now. I'm sure it all went well and looking forward to hearing about your recovery :yay:
  15. MissMoo

    Bilateral THR Done

    Hey Rob @rob3dr. Was it the stem or the acetabular cup that moved - I don't think you said? I was curious that your doc seemed to think that re-calcification process would still continue when Josephine is pessimistic about this. @Josephine - I was wondering, are you advising Rob no martial...
Back
Top Bottom