Recent content by Minster

  1. Minster

    Anyone else in their 40's having knee replacement?

    I had a TKR done at age 39 due to a massive infection the destroyed my knee. It's been 2.5 years now and I have my life back. I ski, hike, backpack etc with ease. It was completely worth it. My OS has said I'll probably be on the low side of the shelf life, but that my quality of life is way...
  2. Minster

    TKR 2.5 Years Post-Op Question

    Question for all of you experts! I'm almost 2½ years post two stage TKR. My last check up was in August and the X-rays looked great. For the last two weeks my knee has been sore. The ache sensation is getting to the point where I'm having to take NSAIDs. I haven't done anything unusual. At what...
  3. Minster

    Game Ready-Has anyone used it for cold therapy?

    My insurance payed for one after repeated surgeries where my OS prescribed it as a rental. It is amazing! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Minster

    Bilateral TKR BTKR - OCT 28 - on way to hospital

    :loveshwr:Best of luck to you @avj123! The next thing you know you'll be done and on your way to recovery! I too am young for a TKR and know the challenges that it brings in the decision process. However, that tough part is over! We'll be here for you on the other side. :roseshwr:
  5. Minster

    TKR Two Stage Native LTKR

    Question for all of you Bonesmarties that have more experience than me! I took a spill and landed directly on my TKR knee yesterday morning. As expected I was swollen, with decreased flexion , and pain, but still able to bear weight. Today it is much the same with pain running down the shin, and...
  6. Minster

    Skiing 18 months post tkr

    I was skiing 7 months post TKR, albeit it was conservative backcountry skiing. I'm now 13 months post and find that the proprioceptive stuff has taken the longest to come back. That and strength are things I'm still working on. My case may be a bit different though because I was on crutches most...
  7. Minster

    You CAN Recover...You can be active again!

    Awww @wechomni it sounds like you are a bit torn. You are taking the right steps, but scared. Can you verbalize what part scares you? Kudos to you for reaching out for help & pressing forward despite your anxiety!!! I can tell that despite my many previous surgeries, I was definitely anxious...
  8. Minster

    You CAN Recover...You can be active again!

    @wechomni Oh goodness, my heart aches a bit for you! I remember the fear, that I dared not voice outloud. I had so many things go wrong that put me in a place that required a two stage TKR. What I learned is that for me I addressed my fears by educating myself as well as I could, made the...
  9. Minster

    You CAN Recover...You can be active again!

    Hi Ladies & Gents, I'm now eight months out from my two-stage TKR and I'm checking in here to give you hope. I remember being so afraid to be optomistic that my situation would change and that I would once again be active, and have a functional and pain free knee. Well, I'm here to tell you...
  10. Minster

    TKR Two Stage Native LTKR

    True, true, true...and he and his PA both validated me & said that it was the right thing to do to get in contact with them. Game plan is to do aggressive ice massage, elevate & stay off of it. If it doesn't settle down by Monday then I have to make the trek to Denver to see the OS.
  11. Minster

    TKR Two Stage Native LTKR

    Ah bummer @RestAssured! Hopefully it's something minor for both of us. I just sent an email off to my OS. I hate to bother him, but I think you are both right & it warrants at least a discussion. :sad:
  12. Minster

    TKR Two Stage Native LTKR

    Gosh, I can't believe I'm already at the four month mark! @skigirl @RestAssured & @izzie I appreciate your encouragement & advice more than I can ever say! :thankyou: I'm wondering about some pain that I've had since the early days of recovery. It's really sharp medial pain that occurs with...
  13. Minster

    TKR Two Stage Native LTKR

    Awww I'm so grateful to have you guys to chat with when things get tough. Truly nobody else really "gets" the ups and downs of this journey. Thank you!!! :thankyou: I'm off to take a stroll amongst the freshly snow dusted Aspens outside my house along the river in the gloriously warm sun...
  14. Minster

    TKR Two Stage Native LTKR

    :egypdance: Congrats! New little ones are so exciting? When is she due? I really like the name Wyatt it's sweet for a baby, good for a mischievous little boy & suiting for a man! It's been a while since I've checked in, I'm still trucking along. I've had a few "bumps" along this road called...
  15. Minster

    TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

    Brownie, Having done the infusion services for the past 3 years, I can definitely empathize with you. I used Corum, they are nationwide, and were and still are AMAZING. My pharmacist through them advocated like crazy for me and made sure things went smoothly. Even when I traveled, they ensured...
Back
Top Bottom