Recent content by mimi53

  1. mimi53

    TKR Knee replacements 7 weeks apart

    The FATIQUE after the second tkr was much more intense....makes sense. The body is recovering after TWO traumatic procedures. I also liked your comment about going out to lunch! There has been more than one occasion during this recovery time where my husband has asked me if I wanted to go out...
  2. mimi53

    TKR Knee replacements 7 weeks apart

    Had both knees done 4 weeks apart in January and February 2014. Second one was a little longer recovery. Feeling good now. Still in PT 3x a week. One week left to go. Still stiff in the morning. It a nice hot bath loosens them up!
  3. mimi53

    Exhausted/No Appetite

    Thanks, DogLoverx3 and speccybecky. That makes me feel better and I do keep telling myself that my body is concentrating on healing my knees, which it is and is doing a damn good job! I'm easing off of the pain meds and switching over to Tylenol. I know that one of the mantras is Patience. Got...
  4. mimi53

    Exhausted/No Appetite

    Help! I'm 7 weeks post top LTKR and 3 weeks post RTKR. No complaints with knees, swelling, pain, etc. here's the thing! I have zero appetite and I'm exhausted. Doing PT 3x a week and do get a surge of energy there. However, I have no interest is seeing people, going out to dinner, or having...
  5. mimi53

    TKR Squatting??

    I am 7 weeks out from LTKR and 3 weeks out of RTKR. My knees are doing very well....no swelling in the left, very minimal in the right. I'm backing off of my pain meds switching to Tylenol, this is the major complaint I have. I am exhausted and have virtually no appetite! I also can become...
  6. mimi53

    TKR Six weeks Post-Op finished O/P PT Today!!!

    Hey, Billy, I'm also feeling great ! I had my left knee done on 1/12/14 and , as of this moment, there is absolutely no swelling and the scar is barely visible! Had rtkr on 2/12. Her swelling is very minimal 2 weeks out, they're both stiff is the morning, though. Will you explain the sock,rubber...
  7. mimi53

    Anyone take Xarelto(rivaroxaban) for blood clot prevention?

    I've just had both knees replaced on 1/15 and 2/12. My OS put me on xeralto for 10 days post op both times followed by baby aspirin. I had no problems at all with either clotting or the medication! Good luck to you! Quite frankly, I've never been happier with a decision I made to improve my life!
  8. mimi53

    TKR Lovetoread's Recovery Thread---She is home already!

    Your story sounds a lot like mine! Had left tkr on 1/15 and right on 2/12. I also would often hear from people I didn't know "oh, you're fast walking lady!"! I'm sure they wondered where I had gone these past 5 years! I can't wait to walk my route again! My left knee is fantastic 5 weeks out and...
  9. mimi53

    TKR Nana Mo's journey

    Haha! Just read your last post! I'm type A as well and I'm sick of saying, "I hate to ask you this but can you please........?" Finished a great book between the 2 surgeries....need to find another one now!
  10. mimi53

    TKR Nana Mo's journey

    I'm one week out after second tkr. Left knee was done on 1/15 and right on 2/12. The left knee is doing grrreat! I knew what to expect with #2 so I'm not surprised by the fatigue. I am very religious with my pain meds, icing, and elevating. I don't have a problem sleeping at night but my right...
  11. mimi53

    PKR Travel after 6 weeks? Help?

    Loved that story! I will be 4 weeks post op on Wed. And I am having my right knee done on that day! The lefty has done very well and I'm hoping that the right TKR will be as successful! I cannot wait to walk through an airport and board a plane!! Good for you!
  12. mimi53

    TKR nausea week s after surgery

    Yay! I am getting number 2 done on Wednesday. Had lefty done on 1/15. Only spent one night in the hospital last time. Going on 4 weeks and doing very well. My advice, ice, elevate, stay ahead of your pain meds, and do your PT! Welcome to the club!
  13. mimi53

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    I don't know if I'm one of those miracle people or not. I had my left tkr done on Jan. 15 and righty will be done this coming Wednesday. Both of my knees were so arthritic and bent that it was a chore,walking any distance at all! I certainly didn't get out of bed and dance...can't wait until I...
  14. mimi53

    Exhausted/No Appetite

    I had my left TKR on Jan15, 2014. It will be 4 weeks this Wed. And I'm having the left one done on that day! I must say that Lefty, who I call a Rocco, has done very, very, well. I only stayed one night in the hospital. My doctor used a new type of anesthesia which hangs out in your system for...
Back
Top Bottom