TKR Six weeks Post-Op finished O/P PT Today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way to the great city of Nashville to get my 2nd follow up, it is nice to leave the wilderness, and see people, even though it is a 1.5 hour drive. Hang in there Nana Mo, born in Wisconsin, left home when I was 17, off to the military, family still lives in the frozen tundra. Merlot is a god blood thinner :) Good for the heart! Thanks guys and gals
 
That is very awesome! Congrats to you! You have me beat! I am at 108 degrees flexion with - 3 for extension. I am at six weeks as of yesterday. Seeing my Doc tomorrow. I take IBF every four hours during the day and Vicoden every 3 to 4 during night. Today my Phy therapist left me a hurting unit when I left there. But by the time I got home, the pain was gone. I still iced and elevated it when I got home. I've been told that the males do better than females with this surgery. I'm happy for you!!!! Okay than I'm jealous.....
 
Yeh next appointment with the OS, December 5, 2014, No more PT other than on my own, no more appointments. She took X-Rays, says everything looks great. She said the swelling may last three or four more months, bummer.
 
Great report.
 
Great.l.. Good luck to you. Feel great each day
 
Hey, Billy, I'm also feeling great ! I had my left knee done on 1/12/14 and , as of this moment, there is absolutely no swelling and the scar is barely visible! Had rtkr on 2/12. Her swelling is very minimal 2 weeks out, they're both stiff is the morning, though. Will you explain the sock,rubber band, hardwood floor trick? I continue to ice and elevate many times each day and do PT 3x a week. Good luck as you continue on your journey!
 
I'd like to know what this rubber band, sock, hardwood floor trick is also??
 
For the first few week I always elevated at night while trying to sleep. Then in the morning the dreded stiffness, maybe 85 degrees at best. I would have my morning coffee, then start working the knee with the rubber band, wool sock and floor. The Physical Therapy folks should have different color rubber straps or bands, I started out with a red, then green and finally graduated to a black, black being the most strongest or least stretchable. I would wrap the band around the arch of my foot or toes, sit on the edge of a couch with a wool sock on the surgical leg, slide the foot forward and back, pulling back the most important holding the stretch for about ten seconds, slide forward and repeat gain nd again. The objective was to get the knee to flex while pulling inward just to the point where it became lightly uncomfortable, hold for 10 seconds and repeat. The only purpose for the wool sock is to prevent friction while sliding the surgical foot on the wood floor surface. There is a video on google of this excersise. I hope thi helps, I know it did for me.
 
rubber band, sock, hardwood floor trick

@Billy Sure do wish I could find that video! Do you know the name of it?
I've been looking everywhere on google and for the life of me can't find it anywhere! THANKS!!!
 
@Billy Sure do wish I could find that video! D
I'm sorry it is actually on Youtube, Named:
"After Knee Replacement: Two CRITICAL exercises!" by
physicaltherapyvideo, should be a guy wearing a maroon shirt and tie. Hope this helps, if not let me know?

Another exercise my OS was big on was this one. Sitting on the edge of a table or something elevated, let your legs hang over the side and swing the surgical leg back and forth, just to the point where you feel the resistance, I did this 100 times at least two sometimes three times per day. The goal was to move the knee and get ROM back. Be safe and enjoy life, because it is a game you only get to play one time!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom