Recent content by Mimi

  1. Mimi

    TKR Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??

    I spent the last 4 days back in the hospital. Many more tests. This is more than a flair it is a full body assault by this nasty Lupus. Unfortunately I live in a small coastal town with a small hospital that knows nothing about lupus. So what they found is that my lupus meds have stopped my...
  2. Mimi

    TKR Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??

    I have had a major setback with Lupus. I spent most of last week in the hospital, taking blood every 5 hours from these already comprised veins.:groan: I saw numerous Dr. and it was finally decided that I was not bleeding internally. However, it was decided that my bone marrow was not producing...
  3. Mimi

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Jacky, I got the new baby pictures posted.
  4. Mimi

    TKR Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??

    Hope I can get these pictures posted. I @Dhare63,@Jacky48, @Janet2012, @pumpkin
  5. Mimi

    TKR Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??

    Thanks for all the kind thoughts, Dawn,Jacky and Janet. I just got home from visiting and helping out with the new grandbaby! She was born June 2, at 3:45 am. It was a very long labor 26 hours and a big baby 9lbs. 1 oz and 21.4" long. Took 3 hours of pushing!!!My daughter had open heart...
  6. Mimi

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Jacky, so good to hear about your great recovery. You worked hard to get there. I remember the ups and a few downs. However, you always had the greatest sense of humor and pushed forward to recovery. And you have helped countless people on Bonesmart to get through their recovery! Best Wishes...
  7. Mimi

    It's that time again!

    Sounds like good news Josephine. Isn't it strange how these crazy knees go in and out of pain? When I had my right knee done, my left knee was bad, painful and bone on bone. Then after my recovery from my RTKR, my left knee has not given me any trouble. I am delighted not to face another surgery...
  8. Mimi

    TKR Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??

    @Dhare63, thanks for asking about my knee and family. My knee has been terrific through all of this. The meds have not caused any problems with my knee. I have bee totally pain free for over 2 years now. I work on the ROM and may go back to PT for some heavy duty work. Today my husband and I...
  9. Mimi

    TKR Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??

    @maryo52 , yes it is a problem and I have had a parathyroid tumor removed in 2000 ( I only get the weird rare stuff!!). That caused too much calcium but that is just as harmful as too little calcium. Also I have a problem with the fosomax type meds. So I take the d3 and calcium and get my...
  10. Mimi

    TKR Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??

    @skigirl , I don't know your side effects, but I did some research on Plaquenil and found that if you take the true drug, not the generic, that there are less side effects. My drugs were added one at a time and spread over weeks and my gastro problems were present before the Plaquenil. My Dr...
  11. Mimi

    TKR Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??

    I saw my Dr. this week and for the first time he was totally open about my condition. He said that when he saw me for the first time 8 months ago, that he never thought I would be doing so well now. He said that I had the most serious case of vasculitis due to Lupus that he had treated in his 30...
  12. Mimi

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    Jozilla, I am 3 years post op. Maybe I wasn't clear. The take it easy part is in the post op recovery time. And for me that was a year! I am fine now and go to PT once a year to maintain my ROM and maybe get a few degrees here and there. You can gain ROM well after surgery, I am proof of that...
  13. Mimi

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    Nannharwood you are neither alone or crazy. I can relate to much of what you are saying. My story has an infection one week after surgery, horrible swelling, a very hot knee, quads that did not function for 3 months and having to use a walker for 3 months and a cane for 2 months. My swelling...
  14. Mimi

    Bilateral TKR Did anyone go to the ocean with in a month of surgery?

    You are very brave to think about going to the beach. I live 5 miles from the beach and when I had my surgery, I tried to go to the beach 3 months after my surgery. I was using a cane and moving in the sand was difficult at best! My legs felt like lead after my walk from the car to the sand, to...
  15. Mimi

    How important is a recliner for recovery?

    That is why my husband built a wooden box for the recliner to sit on securely. With all the problems I had with infection, swelling and non functioning quads, the box did the trick. My recliner went up manually with a lever on the side with your hand, and went down by pushing down with your...
Back
Top Bottom