Recent content by mickeyears70

  1. mickeyears70

    TKR TKR July 8th

    I have not posted in a while. Even after two other knee surgeries you think I would learn, each time is different. I am currently 7 Months POST and I am still having issues. I went to Disney in Oct we walked over 100K steps and I did not have issues. I worked hard during PT, but my PT at the...
  2. mickeyears70

    TKR REALLY bummed

    Hi @bonzie! I am sorry sorry to hear about this, I did the same thing and it hurts more a week after I twisted my LTKA knee. I am 9 weeks today and it hurts a lot where I thought about calling the DR. I had less pain after surgery. Sending hugs!
  3. mickeyears70

    Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

    Hi Mary, like you, I was 36 when I had my first TKA for my right knee. I waited almost two years to get the doctors to approve, even though I had bone on bone. They tried shots and physical therapy but there is nothing you can do for bone on bone. My biggest worry is what will happen when I...
  4. mickeyears70

    TKR TKR July 8th

    Update 8 Weeks Post OP: I was walking around my apartment and I did not even notice my knee, totally forgot about it. You know you are getting better when you don't have think about it. I went down the stairs this morning and those are still challenging, but I could not even walk down the...
  5. mickeyears70

    TKR Nerve Regeneration - There is hope!

    Thanks for the links, I had my first TKA in 2007 and I still have numbness, I cannot kneel without nerve pain, I was working on this during bikram yoga. I just had my another TKA, but on my left knee, so I am hoping there are new techniques to help with the nerves.
  6. mickeyears70

    TKR 1 week post TKR I'm hurting!! *

    Even after 7 weeks, my therapist told to listen to your body. I am glad your therapist did not push you, I had one who would. Hang in there these next few weeks are tough and you may even wish you did not have the surgery. It does get better, I promise. Do what the others are saying ICE...
  7. mickeyears70

    TKR TKR July 8th

    I have some questions, does anyone use a treadmill? If so what incline do you use? I tried the treadmill yesterday and one of the therapists said I should use a 10 incline so I don't drag my feet. Well after doing 20 minutes, my knee was very swollen and in some pain. It took until this...
  8. mickeyears70

    TKR Joyfull61's Recovery Thread

    Everyone is so different and I can tell you when I had my first TKA, I was off 8 weeks and I needed it. This time I went back after 4 weeks, but my work situation is different, I work from home and don't have take public transportation to work and walk 10 miles at work. I do wish I took more...
  9. mickeyears70

    TKR Betterment for Boop starting 6/23/15

    I agree, prop up your leg. When I worked in the office I purchased extra ice packs and kept them at work. I used them often to help.
  10. mickeyears70

    TKR TKR July 8th

    Made it to 6 weeks, had my checkup yesterday. Flexion was at 105 -passive-want 110 to so I can do the bike. Xrays look good, next checkup @12Weeks I am feeling stronger, but still really tired. Part of the being so tired is related to going back to work and the mental draining of the job...
  11. mickeyears70

    TKR TKR July 8th

    My pain was so bad last night, I had to take Oxy 5mg, and when that did not work after an hour and half, I added another. After PT and intense home therapy the pain is overwhelming. Most of the time rest and alleve seem to work, but not last night. I even worked only a half day today as the...
  12. mickeyears70

    TKR TKR July 8th

    Thanks Claire I reviewed the ops report with my therapist and it explains why on the exterior of the knee is so tight and the why having medial pain. Both are related to fixing the ligaments. I just wish it was not so painful after PT, I had to take something stronger than alleve and tramadol...
  13. mickeyears70

    TKR TKR July 8th

    I am at 5 weeks today: The good: -Starting to walk up the stairs normally with help of the hand rail. - I hate step downs. :) -Have moments walking without a limp. -Returned to work, energy level is increasing, miss my naps. -Starting to do more at the gym on the sitting elliptical. -Today I...
  14. mickeyears70

    TKR TKR July 8th

    I have been experiencing medial pain on my operated leg. It is painful upon flexion and sometimes I get stabbing pains for no reason when sleeping or sitting. It is so painful it causes me to pause. I read my post op report and the dr had to realign my ligaments due to my previous surgery...
Back
Top Bottom