I too like walking and used to do a couple miles every morning and evening with my dog until my knee gave out. I am looking forward to summer mornings and being able to walk again
I went to a gym near where I work that has an employee discount and month to month fees with no cancellation...
It's been awhile since I checked in on this site so I thought I would post an update.
I finished PT this week and started back to work which is an adjustment.
The clicking is gone for the most part. I only have it if I overdue it and get too swollen. My therapist said it's from swelling...
Denn:
You are an inspiration! I love your poem and today was a great day for me to read it as I am having one of those I need a good laugh days.
Public transport to the gym? You are very brave. I did 3/4 of a mile on the bike on day and haven't been able to get near that since. Overdid it...
Hi Denn:
I'm still clicking too. Some days worse than others. My Therapist said it's because of the swelling and possible fluid accumulation and should go away over time. Then she said, "with some people it never goes away but it shouldn't hurt." The problem is there are times that it does...
Thanks so much both of you for your quick responses. I was having one of those "did I do the right thing? days and immediately read all the articles. This site really helps.
Dear Fellow "Other Siders":
This morning during PT, I kept getting a clicking. It was not only annoying but somewhat painful.
My surgery was Feb. 26th, so I am not at the 2 week mark yet and don't see my surgeon until next Tuesday.
Have any of you experienced this?
Thank you!
I too am scheduled for surgery on February 26th though my doctor has not officially cleared me yet. I have to call her on Monday and if no sniffles or sore throat etc, I am good to go. She always waits util the last minute.
That being said, I haven't signed the consent form yet. In the USA...
Hi! I am scheduled for a left knee replacement on February 26th. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to cancel this surgery, but then when I think of my present activity level compared to that of 5 years ago, I am committed to moving forward. This discussion board is so helpful. I...
Hi! I had an arthroscopy done on my right knee 3 years ago and it went well. So far so good. I took a chance on the left knee hoping it would get me stable and comfortable with just having the injections every 6 months. I had a frayed meniscus and some bone spurs. My surgeon for the...
Hi Everyone:
I booked the surgery for Feb. 26th in New Jersey USA. Left knee arthroscopy in May did not work so summer vacation was painful. That did it.
Over the past few years I have become less and less active. I am looking forward to a healthy, active lifestyle again.
Nevertheless...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.