Recent content by Michelle1976

  1. M

    THR Day 1

    @Hoppy Nanny - thank you so much for your response, I did apply for my Blue Badge, and was pleasantly surprised I was deemed fit (or should that be unfit) to have one! So, I have a blue badge ... I've had it a couple of weeks, and I've used it twice ... I feel a little guilty using it tbh - why...
  2. M

    THR new member--wanting to wean off pain meds

    IMO stay on a while longer --- the pain meds help reduce pain & allow you to move around. Coming off them too early, might push back any progress you've made with mobility. Just my opinion though --- it's all sounding good though which is great x Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  3. M

    THR Day 1

    Wow, thank you so much Josephine - a lot if what you say makes sense. I'll digest & put some changes in place - thanks again, I really appreciate it x Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  4. M

    THR Day 1

    Now to answer your questions @Josephine – so sorry for the long delay. 1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't compare this with the bone-on-bone pain you had before surgery! ) 6-7 (I’d say ‘ache’ rather...
  5. M

    THR Day 1

    Hi – time seems to be flying by, and I have to apologise for the lack of posting. I see Josephine sent a message asking various questions based on my aching in the morning after a nights rest. I will answer those questions in a moment, just wanted to ask another question first though. I’m not...
  6. M

    THR Day 1

    Hi! Two & a half months post op & I want to share something (I think is strange, but wondered if anyone else can relate) ... I'm feeling pretty good in the day - still limping, but fine. I ache on the evening (fine), but in bed ... I just can't get comfy, & by morning I'm in pain. I get up, &...
  7. M

    THR Day 1

    Hi everyone! Thanks once again for your support. I'm now 2 months post op, & just back from a beautiful family break in Portugal. I took my crutches & used them only when I knew we'd be walking anything more than 5-10 mins. It was fine, enjoyed the break even though it was frustrating that I was...
  8. M

    THR Hip surgery under 40 years

    @mommymuscle - welcome! I'm young too (well, young in the spence if THR). I'm 37 now & have just had my left hip replaced for the third time! I should really on be in 2 replacements, but the second one fractured meaning a 3rd replacement just 6 months after the 2nd! I agree with @rettabetta -...
  9. M

    THR Day 1

    Sorry for delay in updating. It's good news. X-ray looking good, aches & pains Cons said was to be expected for all that I've been through, then summarised: hip replacement October, dislocation November, fracture March, hip replacement April --- for almost all of March & April I was non weight...
  10. M

    2nd dislocation , advice please

    Ah thanks for the update - glad there's been done good news & I hope you continue to build the muscles & gain confidence in your hip x Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  11. M

    THR Day 1

    Hi Kim. My emotions are all over the place. I've rested all day (currently lying in bed!) & it feels ok, but then I'll got to fetch something (using my crutches), & for the most part it still feels ok, then wham I get a pain in my groin & I fear the worst again. There's only one thing for it &...
  12. M

    THR Day 1

    I'm sorry for having a down moment. I'm generally known for being quite cheery & positive, but hey, surely after all the cr*p I've been through, I'm entitled to feel down sometimes. I've posted a few times recently that I'm having alternate good & bad days. I seem to do too much one day & feel...
  13. M

    THR Czak's hip recovery

    @cazak57 - I've just replied to your personal message. I hope it helps, although I think the only thing for you to do is keep on at your Consultant - tell him how concerned you are for reoccurrence --- mine in the end was due to excess fluid (which they only discovered when they replaced the hip...
  14. M

    THR Day 1

    Ah that's very kind. Pain is pain, it's not good regardless of severity. I hope you too have a good hip day, weeks, month, & many happy years x Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  15. M

    THR Day 1

    I don't mind telling you about it at all. Firstly, both myself & the professionals believe that the problems came following two pregnancies & two natural births (particularly my second 2 years ago). There's no way of proving this, but, I had my original hip about 15 years ago (& lived a full &...
Back
Top Bottom