Recent content by Mettleinside

  1. Mettleinside

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    It sounds like you are in the beginning stages of the rest of your pain free life! Bravo!
  2. Mettleinside

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    You got this @PoorlyKnees - we are all rooting for you!
  3. Mettleinside

    PKR Poorlyknees Returns!!

    Good luck @PoorlyKnees - you know what to do and what to expect. The way you sound it should be relatively easy.
  4. Mettleinside

    TKR Bicycle

    Check your seat height. It may not be high enough to make a full rotation putting undue stress on that new knee area. Raise it up so that you can use your tip toes to "cheat" a rotation. Its a great confidence booster once you get that first revolution. I looked at my first revolution as my...
  5. Mettleinside

    PKR Aching legs

    @Metal-Knee - Try to get a Rx for Celebrex. I likened it to a performance enhancing drug for joint replacement recipients :rotfl: I pop 1 in the morning. As soon as I took that my physical therapy sessions were MUCH better too! Also try extra strength Tylenol rapid release. Just popped 1 right...
  6. Mettleinside

    Bilateral PKR Bilateral Patellofemoral Replacements

    Oh my Lord. I pray that they are normal healing pains and you will have a full recovery. I hope you are not overdoing any exercise or stretch, as I did. I had medial L PKR and R meniscectomy 6 weeks apart but was pushing for bilateral PKR's in my initial talks with my surgeon. He wouldn't let me...
  7. Mettleinside

    PKR Aching legs

    There is NO WAY a major weight bearing joint will become "locked" if you do not move it after surgery. Active daily living, gentle stretches, and time will yield you the results you need. I let my PT do the hurt stretches on me and it was a mistake. All that did was set me back the next couple...
  8. Mettleinside

    PKR Mettleinside's LPKR other side thread

    @Layla - Thank you for checking in! But, I knew I should have waited at least 1 more day after my meniscus (R) surgery before posting but the local did wear off and I felt it. Nowhere near as bad as a LPKR but it wasn't fun either. Also, I went into the ODIC on my right knee due to thinking I...
  9. Mettleinside

    PKR Mettleinside's LPKR other side thread

    I had meniscectomy yesterday on my right knee and do I feel good! I do not want to jinx that but after my anesthesia wore off I was expecting loads of pain and weakness BUT HAD NONE OF THAT! There is no comparison to a PKR, it is (for Me) a literal walk in the park. I went into the surgery with...
  10. Mettleinside

    PKR JusticeRider’s rehab adventure

    @JusticeRider - No, I am not in PT anymore but had 2 months of it though. It had almost all of the exercises you described plus some WONDERFUL manipulations. Meaning very uncomfortable manipulations. I actually liked all the leg extensions, leg press, box squats, etc., The only thing I didn't...
  11. Mettleinside

    PKR JusticeRider’s rehab adventure

    @JusticeRider - YES, sadly, all of those exercises are very familiar. :sad:
  12. Mettleinside

    PKR Mettleinside's LPKR other side thread

    @Layla - the aggressive PT manipulations were the worst part of my recovery but we have not done those for a couple weeks now as my PT knows I am not a fan. PT is going fine now, go figure. As far as the injection - it has helped! As far as I know because I started Celebrex the day after the...
  13. Mettleinside

    PKR Mettleinside's LPKR other side thread

    @Layla - Thanks for asking! I am doing OK - 8 week Dr, visit he said I was doing just as I should be. I measured 110 flex and he said that was OK but since he is going to scope my other knee on May 17th he wanted me to be able to "push" in PT to get my LPKR as strong as possible because it will...
  14. Mettleinside

    PKR PoorlyKnees’ road to recovery

    I like your little wins! They do give you a boost knowing you are making progress. Good job.
  15. Mettleinside

    PKR Mettleinside's LPKR other side thread

    Thank you Jaycey InkedMarie Jockette sistersinhim - I am about to just cancel my PT, or at least tell my PT no forceful bending the more I think of it (the discomfort). If I do it will create friction, I am sure. I am just like :sigh: that I have PT today. How come none of these professionals...
Back
Top Bottom