Recent content by Merrimay

  1. Merrimay

    THR 19 Months Out - Weak muscles causing problems

    Wow, Jamie, thank you for your detailed update! I, too, am undergoing the post THR "it can take a year (or more) to recover" process. I had the surgery in Oct 22. My lower spine began to give me issues, as you may remember, so I underwent a series of epidurals and that did help. But...
  2. Merrimay

    THR Merrimay's on the other side now THR

    Hi bonesmarties! I've not posted in awhile as I've been busy dealing with the spine issues that hindered my recovery from my Oct 2022 hip replacement. Pleased to report that I've had my second lumbar spinal epidural injection and cannot be more delighted!! The first injection gave me about...
  3. Merrimay

    TKR Two TKRs and a broken kneecap - on the mend now!

    Bravo,:egypdance: @FionaW! Slow but steady wins the race. :loveshwr:
  4. Merrimay

    THR Sandy's Recovery Thread (after a fall)

    Congratulations on your granddaughter's graduation. Wishing you a safe and comfortable trip.
  5. Merrimay

    THR Sandy's Recovery Thread (after a fall)

    Hi @myglasshalffull . I'm sad to hear about this latest hitch in your ability to get back to work. As you know, i now deal with crippling degenerative spinal issues that only became symptomatic after hip replacement. Is the spine doctor you've been referred to an an ortho physiatrist MD, or...
  6. Merrimay

    THR Merrimay's on the other side now THR

    I've only met with my physiatrist once thus far, but you sum up what he told me, @LaKarune. They are orthopedic MDs who specialize not just, say, as in his case, the spine, but the spine as it relates to the whole body. His main goal is proper diagnosis and helping me avoid surgery through the...
  7. Merrimay

    THR Merrimay's on the other side now THR

    Question to coffee drinkers! Anyone found that their joint pain is diminished on days they don't drink coffee? I discovered this purely by accident. May be coincidence. :umm:Hoping I'm wrong...I love my morning coffee!!!!
  8. Merrimay

    THR Merrimay's on the other side now THR

    @Charlie33 , thank you for the HSS referral. I see my spine physiatrist on May 17th to get the results of my much-chronicled MRI. I hope to find satisfactory help from him, but plan to only give him 3 months before I move on down the road. HSS intrigues me. Too many of my other joint and...
  9. Merrimay

    TKR Two TKRs and a broken kneecap - on the mend now!

    Bureaucracy! :censored: Maddening! Hope things are cleared up quickly. :gaah:
  10. Merrimay

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    What horror you're enduring, @danelady. Do they think the VRE was causing the dislocations, or was it something you picked up during one of your many hospitalizations, and the cause of the dislocations remains unknown? Is Oritavancin one of the expensive meds your doctor suggested? A...
  11. Merrimay

    TKR Two TKRs and a broken kneecap - on the mend now!

    @FionaW , the Hippies are rooting for you!!! :loveshwr:
  12. Merrimay

    THR Why so much pain after THR 2/2

    @Cammieoh , I had a guided imagery injection. They first gave me a numbing agent, after which I waited 30 minutes. I did feel the injection. But it was brief and never went beyond what I'd call level 3 pain. Try not to worry. I really do hope the injection will bring you relief! :fingersx:
  13. Merrimay

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    Hi @danelady! It was such a joy to hear from you, though I felt such a kick in the gut when I read that your doctor suggested the Girdlestone. :yikes: Really hoping the next surgery works. How weary of this you must be!! Inspite of your continued difficulties, I'm reassured to know...
  14. Merrimay

    THR Merrimay's on the other side now THR

    I'd love it if you'd bookmark it, @Elf1 ! I have great sympathy for the claustrophobes of this world. :thankyou:
  15. Merrimay

    TKR Two TKRs and a broken kneecap - on the mend now!

    Oh, I meant to add that I, too, live in a cottage, though in the states. Built in 1906, limestone. Everyone says the same thing when they first see it: "It looks like a house you'd see in England!" The town was founded by the Anglo-American Coal Co, whose honchos tried creating a home away...
Back
Top Bottom