Recent content by MerciQ

  1. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Hi @KayeKaye, glad to see you are posting! As you may recall, I too had BTKR. I was not discharged until I could stand and take steps with a walker. I was uncomfortable but had no pain. At the hospital I was on regular pain medication (2 Percocet 5/325 every 4 hours) and Dilaudid as needed in...
  2. MerciQ

    TKR Left knee done Feb 9, 2016

    Hi @MiddyP, congratulations and welcome! This forum has been a Godsend for me before and after surgery. Tomorrow I will be at 6 weeds post BTKR. I have not experienced any pain to speak of and been taking my meds by the clock. I did experience the abdominal side affects. I tried 3-4 prunes twice...
  3. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    @KayeKaye, you should be almost on the other side by now. All the best and prayers for a quick recovery. We are here for post op encouragement and support. Let us know how you are doing when you can. Be sure to take your meds by the clock and rest. Don't let PT force your knees beyond...
  4. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR The "tweens" Thelma and Louise were born 11 Jan, 2016

    Today marks the 5th week since surgery. I can't want for anything better. I was cleared to drive on my last Tuesday's appointment with my OS! I had no trouble getting into and out of my sedan. I'm OK getting in and out for our (very high) SUV. Went and had my nails done, got some of my...
  5. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Hi @KayeKaye, great graphics! Congratulations on your pre-admission appointment. Your day is almost here. Have all your questions ready. This is the time to ask. If your process is anything like mine, you will have a pre op appointment with you OS. I took this time to discus my questions and...
  6. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    @KayeKaye, great. Glad you found my thread. I believe in being polite, but very assertive and my own best advocate. Do your research and don't be afraid to ask questions.
  7. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    @KayeKaye, just me, but I was getting prepped for surgery, both my OS and Anesthesiologist present, I announced, 1, that I did not want GA and 2, I did not want to come out with only one knee done. I was assured on both counts. Just make sure you clarify at all opportunities. Of course, any life...
  8. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR The "tweens" Thelma and Louise were born 11 Jan, 2016

    Sounds like a plan. I know you will do OK, I will continue to report from time to time.
  9. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR The "tweens" Thelma and Louise were born 11 Jan, 2016

    @sistersinhim, I'm so glad to return the favor, this site has been a great help to my journey, It's good to know that my experience can help someone else in return. This surgery is challenging and we need all the encouragement we can get. I'm extremely pleased with my progress, but I don't want...
  10. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR The "tweens" Thelma and Louise were born 11 Jan, 2016

    @sistersinhim, too bad you have to wait, but glad you have prospective OSs. It's not too cold here in Florida, and it should not be a factor when I travel up north. What has affected me (tightness in the knee) has been humid and rainy days, last week and this week we've had both, which is not...
  11. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR The "tweens" Thelma and Louise were born 11 Jan, 2016

    @PolarBear60, very smart knee indeed, LOL! Glad you figured out what caused it. @sistersinhim, I googled several questions about best OS including my general area, zip code, town, etc. I'm not sure which combination brought up his name, I also compared results with the healthgrades.com website...
  12. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR The "tweens" Thelma and Louise were born 11 Jan, 2016

    Timetolive, PegGar16, New England Librarian and PolarBear60 - thanks for your words of encouragement, all true and welcomed. I'm certainly taking the time to gauge the down time and I don't want to risk rushing my return. I've been working on my "To - Do" list and that has helped, some tasks are...
  13. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR The "tweens" Thelma and Louise were born 11 Jan, 2016

    Thanks, @PolarBear60, everyone I've encountered, clinical professionals, fellow TKR people and lay persons tell me how great I'm doing and I do believe it. I'm just so impatient! The inactivity is playing tricks on my mental status and I notice the dark thoughts creeping in. I've been lurking in...
  14. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR The "tweens" Thelma and Louise were born 11 Jan, 2016

    Hi All, @sistersinhim, thanks for checking on me. Well, had my two PT visits last week, great PT, she has followed my request to keep it gentle and I think that has helped greatly. My last measurements were R Flex 120, L Flex 122 (my "bad" knee!), still giving me the most achiness though, L Ex...
  15. MerciQ

    Bilateral TKR The "tweens" Thelma and Louise were born 11 Jan, 2016

    Hello friends, tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my BTKR surgery and my third PT appointment. I had my second PT Friday, but was not measured, however, every test the PT performed was successful and the PT was amazed at my range within 2 1/2 weeks. My incisions look well healed and I have minimal...
Back
Top Bottom