Recent content by melquist

  1. melquist

    THR Right hip injection hasn’t worked

    Hi @ Jaceyduck- Having been through this a few times, the wait is emotionally hard, but knowing there is a date ahead that things will be taken care of helps that waiting period. I remember having to wait almost a year before I had my first surgery. I only did what I could for that year, and...
  2. melquist

    THR Discontinuing meds prior to surgery.. what experiences are you having?

    Hi DGrant-I hear you on that pain!! When I had to go off meloxicam for my first surgery, the pain wasn't bearable. I asked my doctor for a med that I could use pre-op, and he did prescribe pain meds to help me make it to surgery day. Ice, rest, and positions that relieve the pain will help...
  3. melquist

    THR Sleeping problems after THR

    Hi @LM90- Can you let us know if there are any particular things that you are noticing adding to making it difficult to sleep such as heel pressure, restless legs, areas of discomfort other than your post op hip, etc? I can assure you that the sleeping issue is normal. It takes time for your...
  4. melquist

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Hi Everyone: I wanted to give an update, since I have not posted for quite awhile. I always felt that any information for those who will be having or have had a constraint liner with locking ring revision would find it helpful from the patient's perspective. It has been a long haul, BUT, I...
  5. melquist

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Thank you @FCBayern. Your encouragement that I can keep practicing a new way of moving and have it become a new normal was tremendously helpful. It was exactly what I needed to hear.
  6. melquist

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Hi @Layla. Thanks for your welfare check. I did finally get to see my surgeon for my first post op with him the first week of November. My x-ray shows that the constraint liner looks good, and there are no problems. He recommended P.T., and I explained why I had not wanted to go to the...
  7. melquist

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Well, I didn't get to see my surgeon on Thursday. I am so disappointed. I couldn't get another appointment until 11/5. We got caught in a highway shut down due to a fire/crash, and no cars were moving for over a half hour when we gave up and turned around. Apparently I wasn't the only one who...
  8. melquist

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    Hi @Beckford: I was wondering how it goes. I know you are post op for your leg lenthening hip surgery. I wanted to ask you how is the hip that has the constraint liner? I am now 2 months post op with my constraint liner and femural head change. I am feeling discouraged, because my progress...
  9. melquist

    Revision THR Odd sensations after hip hardware revision

    @janellej I found your thread while looking for a patient's perspective of a constraint liner. My situation is almost identical to yours. I am now 2 months post op with a constraint liner and femural head change. I am feeling discouraged, because my progress seems so slow, and for me it is...
  10. melquist

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Thanks everyone. I very much appreciate the encouraging advice, and I am staying with walking and not the exercises for now until I see him. I will post what he says.
  11. melquist

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Hi Everyone: Just thought I would stop by and say Hi. I missed you all. I am doing well, walking daily and able to do more daily activities. I am up on my feet quite a bit now with some sitting on the porch enjoying the weather and just being able to sit. I admit I am also back for some...
  12. melquist

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Thank you @Jaycey. I did go to the thread/s. They were informative. I do not know if a constraint liner and a locking ring are the same thing, but I do know this. I am tired of all of this and the "what if's" as the one thread said when she decided she was done with the "what ifs". I am...
  13. melquist

    Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

    Thinking of you! Wishing you the best. You may already be out of surgery and doing the post op walk they make us do.
  14. melquist

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Hi Everyone: A day of rest did help. I am on day two of trying to see how it goes without ibuprofen and tylenol. I think that they were starting to do a number on my stomach, since I have been taking them going back to my dislocation in July. I am depending on ice. I admit, I am much...
  15. melquist

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    Hi @Figsktr-Thank you for sharing with us about your journey. I know that the moderator will post the recommended post op articles. I don't have the organized list that they provide with anyone new. I encourage reading everyone of them, because much of what you are sharing will be addressed...
Back
Top Bottom