Recent content by Meezermom

  1. Meezermom

    TKR My knees still ache when it gets cold post replacement

    I am post total knee replacement surgery for both knees 5 years out. My knees still ache when it gets cold like I have arthritis still in there. ?
  2. Meezermom

    MUA MUA on Tuesday

    ICE AND ELEVATE AND DON'T PUSH YOURSELF SO HARD. ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY. YOU KNEE TAKES TIME TO HEAL.
  3. Meezermom

    TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

    I'm moving around okay. Can walk, shop however I am on a steady diet of pain meds to keep the knee from aching. They allow me to function. Night time is tough. The top of the kneed feels like it is numb?Under the scar is really sensitive.
  4. Meezermom

    MUA Getting Back in the Saddle

    Alison. This is not a race. Just ICE AND ELEVATE YOUR KNEE 1 This is the absoslute best place for advice. Honest. Don't let anyone push you or hurt you. You are in CONTRIOL.(Well actually your knee is) Most OS have never had their knees replaced. I was so depressed I cried for the first 2...
  5. Meezermom

    TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

    Well it's been quite some time since my last post. I was doing pretty well, ready to start weaning off the pain pills and then my knee flared up like before my surgery. Especially at night when I am sleeping and my leg is straight it wakes me up I can hardly bend my knee so I have to take a...
  6. Meezermom

    TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

    So happy to report this is my last post. Thank You everyone for all your suppoft and great guidance. Met with my OS yesterday and my ROM was 115. Hefelt hecouldhave got 120 easy if he had pushed it.. I will just see him in a year for my last appointment. So grateful to have this surgery...
  7. Meezermom

    MUA Bunion forming

    Cleared by OS for tske off on May 29 ROM WAS 115 with knee not being warmed up. He said if he had pushed it hecould have got 120. He was happy. Told him about bonesmart. He is checking it out..
  8. Meezermom

    MUA Bunion forming

    Hang in there girl. I am so sorry this is a slow process. I just never thought I would stillbe hsving knee issues at this point. My ltkr was Jan 22. Iam flying to Texas vor granddaughter grad. OnMay 29. Only two more weeks to get my knee in shape. I am going easy and slow. I see my OS...
  9. Meezermom

    MUA Bunion forming

    Gamera At least you are in the right place for recovrry. I am now 15 weeks out. Still have pain, at 8 weeks had a 2nd surgery to close two small spots on my incision that didnt close . Oh yea the os thought he would do me a favor and do a MUA I was at 100 ROM. After he was done I was bsck to...
  10. Meezermom

    TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

    Thank you all so very much for all your support and care. What a blessing too Meezermom
  11. Meezermom

    TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

    Happy news... I am doing much better and knee is healing. Fired my pt and I am gently bending my knee inmy spa daily, riding my recumbent bike 2 miles almost daily. Lsst rom measured 110 1 week ago. I am noe 12 weeks. Amen. Almost ready to start wesning againg from NORCO Thanks Josephine...
  12. Meezermom

    Looking for knee revision surgeon in Central Calif and Bay area

    Hi I had my first knee done by Dr. Coon in Red Bluff in 2009. It was loose and he really messed it up. After 1 year of pain and suffering and him saying I was just healing slow my GP sent me to a second Dr. I found a Great Revision Dr. In Redding. His name is Shawn Brubaker he is now with...
  13. Meezermom

    TKR Really fed up

    Dear SadPerson - Listen ! I have learned so much from these wonderful people. I just need to listen better too. They mean it when they say. Let the knee decide. No Pain means.... better gain. I just have to practice what i am preaching to you. We type A people just don't have the patience...
  14. Meezermom

    TKR Really fed up

    You’re in the right place for some excellent advice. I had my MUA at 8 weeks. Do not push your knee gentle stretching, lots of icing and elevation works the best. I don't care what your PT or OS says. I am at 12 weeks. Still icing and gently stretching. Rom at 108 Be patient and read all...
  15. Meezermom

    TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

    12 Weeks OUT.....So sorry I keep coming back here. I aswear I am the biggest whiner and cry baby. Tough Day. My knee has been tight and aching since 2 am this morning. been icing it all day. Plus no energy what so ever !!!!!!! I Simply don't understand the fatigue at this point ! I think my PT...
Back
Top Bottom