@Teacup I'm being released from PT tomorrow. My walking is improving and I think my stamina problem is also a result of being out of shape ( not that I was ever in shape) ! I get winded after a while. I have asthma also and being so sedimentary for so long... I have a hard time with endurance...
@Teacup we need a new fence, hence off to the hardware store. I did start a new hobby though through this process... I taught myself how to crochet! Now I can't have enough yarn! Lol! My daughter and I went to a quaint little suburb yesterday with great outdoor restaurants and little shops! I...
@Teacup unfortunately my PT place does not have a pool. I feel like my progress is at a stand still. I tire so quickly when walking. I use the cart at the stores which helps. I still limp and surgical leg seems longer. I've been forcing myself to get out of the house and walk. Even went to the...
@Teacup we will get there... Slow and steady wins the race! It gets me depressed sometimes. I just want to be able to carry without any discomfort. My stamina is not there and I must admit...I am becoming lazy! I have to push myself! I taught myself how to crochet and that really occupies me...
@copsham my next sessions of Pt are ok, the therapist is very cautious now! Things are progressing but I'm not satisfied with my progress.
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
@Teacup I'm doing ok. I walk unassisted at home most of the time,but use a cane when I go out. I saw the surgeon the other day. He lifted hip precautions. I walk with a limp and my knee kind of goes in a little when I walk. He tested the strength and flexibility of that knee, which he replaced...
@Tweefishy I know what you mean about PT hurting,! I am 26 days post op! I was doing really well until I went to out patient PT Wednesday. I felt ok while doing things and the therapist stretching out my leg... But once I got home... Terrible pain set in bringing me to tears! Pain meds helped...
Yesterday I had PT. I was aware of everything that he did, from exercises to the stretching of the leg. I even walked a little without a walking device! Nothing was too painful at the time! However, once I got home...the pain was through the ceiling! I couldn't walk...I had to use the walker...
Yesterday I overdid it! I had to
Get out! I went with my daughter to the mall. We had a mission and it was to get what we wanted and get out! However, the walk between the two stores was longer than I thought! I brought my 4 wheel walker, with a seat, in case I got tired and had to sit. My arms...
I had. Two and a half week check up with the surgeon! X-rays are showing everything is in the right place. Hip precautions for another 3 weeks. I go back July 7 and hip precautions will probably be lifted. . The PA said to massage the incision area using different textures because nerve endings...
So far so good for my first day flying solo! I made eggs and ham for me and my dog ( my nurse companion). My dog does not leave my side! He follows me everywhere and if he is in front of me...he stops and looks back to make sure I'm coming! I'm a little sore from navigating the kitchen... But...
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post op of my right THR . I'm still using a walker but hope to graduate to a cane this week. I can't help but think that my hip would be stronger had it not been been for my 1 year old replaced right knee. I wonder if It's holding my hip recovery back! Right now pain is...
I'm still on pain meds. I've been doing strengthening exercises to get this leg stronger. My home physical therapist want to try the cane next week. I do not feel strong enough. Maybe I'll have some drastic changes over the weekend. Sometimes my knee hurts more than my hip! I'm so worried about...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.