Recent content by Mazza

  1. Mazza

    Don't want surgery if I can help it

    @zzevi That's SO true. I remember simply HATING the first week post op once I was home; wondering why I'd ever put myself through such a process. I also made a pledge that I wouldn't have the other knee replaced "for all the tea in China"! Three and a bit years on and I have my matching...
  2. Mazza

    Sr. BoneSmartie's Club - Applications Invited

    Aw, thank you @NightQuilter . I've felt very remiss in not supporting others, but it's been a stressful few months in more ways than just health issues. That's life! Pleased to be back
  3. Mazza

    TKR Right TKR November 7, 2016

    Well done you @ferddword . It takes time but worth all the wait:wowspring:
  4. Mazza

    Don't want surgery if I can help it

    @Beachbum71 I agree with everything that's been said above. The spinal block with sedation is definitely the "way to go". Recovery is much quicker and forget about nausea and all that stuff as with General Anaesthetic. Absolutely nothing to be concerned about if you're in the safe hands of a...
  5. Mazza

    TKR Right TKR November 7, 2016

    @ferddword You're doing really well and I remember so well that feeling of, "Should I or shouldn't I?", to the point that I thought I would just climb the walls with my attempts to reach the perfect ROM within a fortnight! It was only when I thankfully found this BS site that I read up what...
  6. Mazza

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    I have been lucky enough never to have had staples for any of my procedures; nearly always disolvable type. :egypdance: Both my knees were done that way by the same surgeon; I could have kissed him! I also got away with it after a hysterectomy, which was quite rare as I knew it a lot of years...
  7. Mazza

    Sr. BoneSmartie's Club - Applications Invited

    Sorry I haven't been around for quite a while. Was suffering badly with arthritic hands but have just undergone a PIP joint replacement to my middle finger, plus release of trigger finger (double whammy). Hope I can be help to anybody wanting a chat from now on
  8. Mazza

    TKR Now I have a matching pair of titanium knees

    One question - Has anybody out there ever developed a "cyst" like object on the front of their TKR? I discovered this little movable item a few weeks ago and it's never changed. Small, knobbly and perfectly formed; no pain, just feels and looks silly to me. It's on the front, immediately...
  9. Mazza

    TKR Now I have a matching pair of titanium knees

    Here I am with the "6 month" update I noticed in reading back, that it's a while since I posted and a lot has happened since then! Two days before setting off for the cruise of The Douro, Portugal, I managed to kick the base of our very solid bookcase and it didn't take a lot of guesswork to...
  10. Mazza

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    @dianehelen Sorry if my message was misconstrued or untimely. I saw a thread from somewhere and you had mentioned the spinal block/sedative for TKR surgery.
  11. Mazza

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    @dianehelen I had both of my TKR's with spinal block and sedation. The sedation is kept at a level that gives you a similar experience as general anaesthetic without the hangover effect. That means a quicker ability to start PT within a few hours following surgery. I could have remained...
  12. Mazza

    Should I get my second knee done, or wait till it gets worse?

    @Dancing Fool Just like you, a year ago I was faced with the same dilemma; to carry on until my other knee was much worse, or just get on with the next TKR. Once I was getting locking, jarring feelings and having to walk down stairs in a crab like fashion, that was when I made the final...
  13. Mazza

    TKR Now I have a matching pair of titanium knees

    So - 12 WEEK Report. I've been getting on with life in general, including time away in our motor home which entailed fairly long trips between stops. I found that as long as I was able to have pit stops about every two hours I was OK, but more than that and I would get quite uncomfortable...
  14. Mazza

    TKR Now I have a matching pair of titanium knees

    @Majella Thank you for your kind words. You're something of an inspiration to others yourself considering the time frame between your TKR's! I'm pleased I was able to take a break between my surgeries, although that was interrupted by foot surgery last year too. What I thought would be...
  15. Mazza

    TKR Now I have a matching pair of titanium knees

    SEVEN WEEK POST OP REPORT Well, back to see my OS today :angel: - kneedless to say, his first words were, "Well just look at you! Don't you look well and you are moving so naturally." I was so pleased to know that he was as pleased with my progress as I am. I am now walking up and down...
Back
Top Bottom