Recent content by Mayhip8

  1. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    It’s 3 Am here in North West England It’s very nearly the end of what continues to be a terrible year for me and my family. It’s taking every ounce of strength and using all the support from our friends to get through . We are counting our blessings every day however and remain positive that...
  2. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Thanks @myglasshalffull @benne68 I don’t have grab rails nearby. I do have a toilet frame that I could use but it’s not fixed I just think I’m over conscious of getting stuck ! having had my left hip done in 2019 . I relied on the strength in my right hip to get me in and out even though it...
  3. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Ahh good plan Thanks Which leg first though I wonder?
  4. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    One of our members said she actually practiced getting in and out of the bathtub fully clothed with someone else in the room-- just in case there was a problem -- before trying the real thing. Ahh good plan! Thankyou
  5. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Time keeps flying by. I’ve been making good progress have Seen the physio again and had a review of my x-ray as my right hip has a strange pain when standing on my operated leg balancing and then returning to 2 feet on the ground a pain shoots across inside - they’ve said it may be scar tissue...
  6. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    @phoebe - sorry I left you hanging there, I went off to make a cup of tea and check everything Facebook and here we are a week later! :heehee: Re bake off I’m surprised too - I thought Dylan would win he seems to have lost his nerve at the last hurdle. However yes, he’s going to go on to...
  7. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    @Phoebie , I posted on my local Facebook page this morning for a mobile hairdresser and had one lady contact me but then turned out to be unable to help me as she wanted me to go to her house as she was recovering from operation. Maybe not so mobile… I think I will try and get into my usual...
  8. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    @mendogal - yes! Your’e invited to dinner ( it was, if I may say so myself, delicious. I’ll definately cook it again :yes: @myglasshalffull I love an indian meal, I especially like to follow recipies from Nisha Katona, (MOWGLI) simple yet so tasty and authentic, however I also like a...
  9. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    @myglasshalffull Thank you for taking the time to post this thoughtful and reassuring post . It’s Mid morning and I’m still in bed. I’m having a self-care / duvet day and may do some home cooking later on cos I fancy some Harrissa panneer and couscous with Mediterranean vegetables….. And apple...
  10. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    @mendogal Thankyou foryour kind words and reassurring huggp . Xxx
  11. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Thank you, @Calgal This indeed has been a very different recovery period involving quite stressful situation with my elderly mother becoming frail and infirm after a recent fall, coming close after a similar stressful situation with my mother-in-law who sadly died in May following a fall on...
  12. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Seven weeks on and all is well, mostly. My wound is nicely healing - some of the skin areas around it started to break down and Graze because I scratched an itch - the skin was fragile from allergic reaction to the dressing. It’s calming down now. I had been massaging the skin with organic...
  13. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Well, what a difference a few days makes. I’ve been having increasing groin and generally feeling as if I’ve not made much progress needing pain relief more frequently. However, I went to my physio appointment today and she did a full assessment, told me that I no longer have restrictions, put...
  14. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Thankyou @Layla .. I was having a bad day and I’m pleased to report that this evening things seem brighter and more positive. I actually read back through my old threads from around about the same post-operative recovery time and we did have a joyous time didn’t we? It also reassured me that...
  15. Mayhip8

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    I can’t decide if everything is okay with me . I’m still getting a lot of pain at night ( weird cramp and tiny spasms, groin pain ) needing codeine paracetamol every four hours at night - ok in the daytime but I’m not sleeping well at all - I’d like to try laying on my side, but can’t remember...
Back
Top Bottom