Recent content by MaryMC

  1. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    I thought i would give an update- it’s been a while and a whirlwind. It’s been 17 weeks today since my TKA. I made myself ditch the cane about a month ago because it wasn’t allowing me to really strengthen my quads and hips relying on that. I’m still going to PT twice a week, my ROM is now 137...
  2. MaryMC

    TKR Struggling through recovery<

    Have you ever tried magnesium?
  3. MaryMC

    PKR PKR Part Deux: now I’ve got a matching set!<

    So does hypermobility syndrome cause dislocations? For me, I did not have this condition but still dislocated my joints. MMC- may I ask if you have this condition as well?
  4. MaryMC

    PKR PKR Part Deux: now I’ve got a matching set!<

    Maybe she was double jointed? My experience was that dislocation was extremely painful for me!
  5. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    I never needed any assistance. I walked, hiked, cycles etc. The only thing I couldn’t do because it caused discomfort as I got older was going for a run.
  6. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    I have had 13 other surgeries. I was born with no femoral Head and no acetabulum. Actually on both sides- but my right side eventually grew after being pinned and casted for almost a year when I was tiny. My right side never did. You may know doctor Robert Salter, world renown pediatric...
  7. MaryMC

    PKR PKR Part Deux: now I’ve got a matching set!<

    By the time I was 18 I could completely dislocate (not just subluxation) my knee, knock it back into place -and keep going. Obviously every muscle and ligament in my knee was torn apart by that time. My knee replacement has been slower than what I would have liked, but I’ve come to terms with...
  8. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    I was able to do a rotation forward today!!! And away we went! Talked to doc today and he is happy with my 112 passive and 118 assisted range. He thinks that we don’t need MUA and is confident I can get my ROM on my own. I know some of you think that my doc can’t “tell me what to do” but his...
  9. MaryMC

    PKR PKR Part Deux: now I’ve got a matching set!<

    MCC- you and I sound like we have walked similar pasts, orthopedically that is. I’m 38. Although I was born without a hip, the result was hyper mobility of the joints. Dislocation of the patella hundreds perhaps more times. At 18 I had a TTT and release. Unfortunately for me, the doc over...
  10. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    I was able to make my first rotation (backwards) on the bike today. I’m not quite sure why backwards is easier the front, but for now I can ride the wrong way and I’m darn happy about that!
  11. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    Thank you- I think it’s important for me to celebrate every victory I can right now. And the more ROM I have, the more function I will have. The small wins have helped my outlook and mindset.
  12. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    I popped right over 100 yesterday at PT- I was just chit chatting with the Therapist while I was on the bike and she measures and said I was at 104! We both did a happy dance!
  13. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    Thanks Celle- appreciate it. Not really worried so much as it’s a silly thing that’s limiting my ROM. Annoyed.
  14. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    I did- I have one area right on my incision line that when I bend it more than about 85’ it pinches. It’s as if something is caught and when the skin is pulled there I have a pokie little needle digging in. Perhaps you missed it See post 89 the first sentence
  15. MaryMC

    TKR Incision site

    That doesn’t make sense to me. It’s clearly in one specific spot, and you can see it pulling directly over the kneecap over the incision. It only is when I bend over 85’. The pain goes away if I push my skin down towards my foot, but if I slacken it, it pulls tight in that one little spot...
Back
Top Bottom