Recent content by mariaw0121

  1. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    I have something of a dilemma. I had a tkr on my right knee 2/25/13 and on my left 12/2/13. They were both doing well; the left is still somewhat swollen and warm, but that's normal after 14 wks. - I had a lot of swelling with both. The right one, which is just 1 yr. old, seems a bit swollen...
  2. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    It doesn't end. Six weeks and 2 days after my LTKR , I had to have a root canal. The timing couldn't have been worse but my surgeon said to go ahead as long as I took 600 mg of clindamycin before and 600 mg each day for 4 days after. I guess the risk of infection spreading from the diseased...
  3. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    Good luck on Feb. 10, I'm sure you'll do well. Please let us know how it goes. There's lots of great info and great people on this site who will encourage and support you.
  4. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    I had my 6 wk. checkup today and ortho was pleased - 0 deg extension and 123 flex. Will be discharged from PT at the end of this week. So happy and thankful for 2 functioning knees that continue to improve every day. My thanks to my surgeon and his wonderful staff, my nurses and PT's, and all...
  5. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    Just minimally anemic - 11.5. GP thinks it's just tiredness from the surgery and not sleeping well. It has improved somewhat since my diet has improved; I'm eating more iron rich foods, since I cannot tolerate iron pills. I take a short (½ hr. or so) afternoon nap and that seems to help also...
  6. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    I have no thyroid - I had a total thyroidectomy in 2002 due to Hashimoto's disease and take .112mcg levothyroxine every day. Thyroid panel was part of my bloodworm, so we'll see.
  7. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    It's 4 weeks today since my LTKR and this recovery could not be more different than that from my first surgery in February. I literally feel like half a person. I'm tired all the time and that's with taking a 2 hr. nap almost every afternoon. I had to take myself off hydrocodone because I was...
  8. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    My surgeon is the best. We live in a somewhat rural area of Florida, but there is a good selection of orthopedists, as the demographic is older. I toyed with the idea of switching surgeons because I hate the hospital he uses, but opted to stick with him because of the great results I got with...
  9. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    I hope someone can answer this, it has me so scared. When I was in inpatient rehab after my left TKR on 12/2, I started having twinges, not really pain, in the area around a 4 tooth bridge. I went to my dentist after taking antibiotics and he did x-rays and poked around a little and said he...
  10. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    Just back home after inpatient rehab for left TKR. It's been 10 mos. since the right, and that one feels so good and works so well, I forgot what an arduous process this is -- a truly miserable surgery, even though I have an excellent surgeon. It's suck it up time, I guess.
  11. mariaw0121

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Hot off the presses - 23 staples just removed from left knee TKR, performed 12/2/13!
  12. mariaw0121

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    It's over and I'm in rehab. I was surprised - dr. told my husband he didn't know how I was walking with that knee. Can you believe it - my CPM broke and the hospital had no replacements because they did too many surgeries! And they couldn't discharge me to rehab because you have to spend 3...
  13. mariaw0121

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Tomorrow's the day - left tkr. If it goes as well as the right, I'll be jumping (well, not literally) by Christmas. Feeling nervous though, fingers crossed.
  14. mariaw0121

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Left TKR scheduled for 12/2, postponed from 10/28 after flareup of polymyalgia rheumatica :-((
  15. mariaw0121

    TKR Weird Stuff In My Recovery

    I can't believe this, but I'm 8 mos. out from my right TKR and almost entirely pain free with no meds, unless of course I overdo it. I do ice after the gym, but that's about it. My left TKR, which was scheduled for 10/28, has been postponed to 12/2 because I developed something called...
Back
Top Bottom